My 1.2 Ft Nano

Cardinal Tetra

• SRC Member

neat..but izzit the thick sb gives u only limited space for lrs and other stuffs....

Henry Tan

Sembawang

3x1.5x1.5 2.5x1x1.5

LS

1xfire clown/ 1xyellow boxer

1xpercular/ 1xcoral beauty

1xboxer/ 2xfire shrimps

1xcoral beauty/ 2xfalse clowns

2xhawk fish/ 1xane crab

1xyellow tail damsel/ 2xcleaners

3xturbo snails

2xhermits

1xtomato clown

Set up.....

Sump - Done

DIY Cabinet - Done

DIY Overflow Pipe - Done

• SRC Member
neat..but izzit the thick sb gives u only limited space for lrs and other stuffs....

I chose to use a thick sandbed to compensate for lighting, which I think 11WPL is not sufficient, and also, the tank was used as a refugium from the main tank, so it would be beneficial as the bacterial is still intact.....

• 3 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

I spent the whole day making a custom lightset for the tank as I couldn't find any suitable lights for such a small tank.

I took my old 2x36WPL lightset and mounted one bulb on an old 2ft FL light hood.

The new lighting brought the tank much justice and I'm really pleased with the outcome, I'm running a 36WPL 10000k for my light now, may add another 36WPL blue tube in the future.

Meanwhile, to remove the yellowish tinge, I use a cheapskate method of cutting a piece of blue plastic bag and stuck it under the tube.

:lol:

post-69-1136908755.jpg

Closeup of mushrooms.

Anyone knows why the orange mushroom is shaped like a cup when expanded?

they do that in order to reach for more light ... anyway nice rock of mushies u have there :)

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Lighting: AI hydra 52HD

Skimmer: Deltec SC 1455

Reactor: Minimax; rowaphos

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

Wave Maker: MP 40 WQD

Return pump: Eheim 1262

Chiller: Arctica 1/10 hp

A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal, but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel -- Proverbs 12:10

• SRC Member

Just bought a hang on filter today. Had not decided what to put inside the compartment yet. Any recommendations?

Also, I've moved my diadem dottyback from the main tank to the nano. I plan to move my clarkii clown and goby too.

Total LS for nano:

1x diadem dottyback

1x clarkii clown

1x goby

2x turbo snail

Would this be too much for the tank?

• SRC Member

In my opinion, that is about the max a 1.2ft tank can take - if you measure fish vs surface area.

I think that these fishes are low polluants - so as long as you feed moderately - then the bioload should be alright.

• 2 weeks later...