Is diving for me?

blueheaven

:off:

Just wondering, do fat people float better or skinny people float better? :huh:

But if you tame me, we shall need each other.

To me, you will be unique in all the world.

To you, I shall be unique in all the world...

You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed.

-Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Keep our hobby sustainable, participate in fragging NOW

CHAETO Farmer FarmerDan.gif

• SRC Member

I don't think it depends on whether you're skinny or fat. It depends on how bouyant you are. I know that my bouyancy is really bad... I can wear 6-8 weights, deflate my BC, exhale the air from my lungs, with my friend hanging off my ankle and I'll still be floating!! :rolleyes:

• SRC Member
:off:

erm, i believe fat ppl float better

due to the excess fats that is more buoyant as compared to the muscles

i am fat, i need 4 weights, while most of my friends only need 1 or none at all

of course, your equipment will determine whether you need more weights or less weights as well

• SRC Member

i'm sure once u are more comfortable wif diving, u will find urself using less weights.. so, no worries on it.. i started wif 3-4 weights when i started learning diving.. now, i'm down to 1 or zero when i'm wearing just my rashguard + berms

cityofangels, the initial 3m of descent is usually very slow. Do your buoyancy check to check whether are u correctly weighted.. also, once in the water, if u find ur fins always sinking, chances are, u are too heavy. at 6-8 weights, that is really a lot but i have seen worst.. so, dun worry abt it. also, next time when u descend, try to relax (and if possible, keep ur profile streamline, i.e. like the shape of 1)fully exhale all the air out from ur lungs and take a slightly longer pause than usual before taking in the next breath and make sure that the BC is fully deflated.

all these should help u to descend slightly faster.

Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

A question for poly divers (if there are any out there)

Do you guys get discounted rates or are the rates as per normal? :huh:

But if you tame me, we shall need each other.

To me, you will be unique in all the world.

To you, I shall be unique in all the world...

You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed.

-Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Keep our hobby sustainable, participate in fragging NOW

CHAETO Farmer FarmerDan.gif

• SRC Member
waaa very good advice leh. Now ppl old bird liao :lol:

me aint no old bird.. just a salted bird that is currently lack of diving.. :lol:

Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

• SRC Member
kelstorm: Thanks for the bit of advice once again! :):peace:

no worries.. another trip is as u descend, tilt ur body to the right so that all the air in the BC will be forced to the left side and as u deflate the BC.

Be careful when u descend too fast, if u cannot equalise in time, u will feel a sharp pain on the ears... slow descend is good in calm waters.. fast descend is required when there is a strong surface current and need to get down quickly...

All these skills comes wif practise... :)