Spotted Sweetlip

nakazoru

• SRC Member

SweetLip

Any body has success in keeping this guy? I've tried twice and fail twice. Difficult in getting it to eat.

Really love to keep this guy.

Equipment:

30G Corner Tank with 10G Sump, 2 x 24W artinic T5, 1 x 24W 10K, 1x 24W 20K, 3" Grade 0 sand & Live rocks, Activated Carbon, Bio-home, 2 x Seio M620, Hailea 1/2HP Chiller, Redsea Pro Skimmer

Live Stock:

Turbo Snail x 1, Green Mandarin Dragonet X 2, Blue Tang X 2, True percular x 2, 1 x Algae Bleenie, Clarke clown x 2

Reef:

1 x 2" Blue maxima, Red/Brown/Purple Mushroom (Discosoma), Pink Ricordea yuma, A little colony Brown/Green common Zoanthus, Red/Pink/Green US Zoanthus, Eagle-eye Zoathus, 14 Branch Goniopora Pandoraensis, 1 Starburst Polyps, 3 + 2 Branch Frogspawn, 4 Blasto, palythoa, Cheato

RIPs (Since June 2005):

1. Sabae clown (KO by Clarke clown) 2. 1 branch melted frogspawn 4 branch 3. Golden maxima (Ripe the base off rock by me) 4. Algae Bleenie x 2 (Starvation) 5. Blue Maxima x 1, 2 x Maxima, 1 x frogspawn, rics (Overtemp...)

Old 30G Corner Tank.

Restarted 30G Corner Tank.

• SRC Member

some of them are qutie easy to get to feed but I heard that they contact diesease easily too so that is one of the reason to this spieces failure. but think so do feed readily. what is most important is nv give up on keeping them!!! gather more infor and give it another try!

• SRC Member
i tried it before but mine was already eating from my LFS..

Or is it still alive???

Equipment:

30G Corner Tank with 10G Sump, 2 x 24W artinic T5, 1 x 24W 10K, 1x 24W 20K, 3" Grade 0 sand & Live rocks, Activated Carbon, Bio-home, 2 x Seio M620, Hailea 1/2HP Chiller, Redsea Pro Skimmer

Live Stock:

Turbo Snail x 1, Green Mandarin Dragonet X 2, Blue Tang X 2, True percular x 2, 1 x Algae Bleenie, Clarke clown x 2

Reef:

1 x 2" Blue maxima, Red/Brown/Purple Mushroom (Discosoma), Pink Ricordea yuma, A little colony Brown/Green common Zoanthus, Red/Pink/Green US Zoanthus, Eagle-eye Zoathus, 14 Branch Goniopora Pandoraensis, 1 Starburst Polyps, 3 + 2 Branch Frogspawn, 4 Blasto, palythoa, Cheato

RIPs (Since June 2005):

1. Sabae clown (KO by Clarke clown) 2. 1 branch melted frogspawn 4 branch 3. Golden maxima (Ripe the base off rock by me) 4. Algae Bleenie x 2 (Starvation) 5. Blue Maxima x 1, 2 x Maxima, 1 x frogspawn, rics (Overtemp...)

Old 30G Corner Tank.

• SRC Member
some of them are qutie easy to get to feed but I heard that they contact diesease easily too so that is one of the reason to this spieces failure. but think so do feed readily. what is most important is nv give up on keeping them!!! gather more infor and give it another try!

So what diseases do they contact?

Mine basically always pecking at LR for food, but finds nottin. Dun eats my brine shrimp, and bye bye in one or two weeks. Some how I just know it is coming.

Equipment:

Live Stock:

Reef:

RIPs (Since June 2005):

Old 30G Corner Tank.

• SRC Member
wat bout copperband butterflyfish? cos i juz got 1, and it doesnt eat watever i throw in, and juz pecks at the LR...

The copperband is another fish that is notoriously difficult to get to start feeding.. low long term survival prospects, unfortunately. Supposed to be good at finishing up the pest Aiptasia anemones on your liverocks though.. but also whatever featherduster worms you may happen to have.

Have you tried live foods? Live brine shrimps? Live tubifex worms?

In my experience, i find that butterflyfishes love live tubifex worms, the 20 cents a packet kind used to feed small freshwater fishes. :rolleyes:

• SRC Member

Which is very unfortunate, since it is the most beautiful batfish of all, in my opinion. I see it now and then in LFSes, but never dared to try.

I think you should try out this fish and more of take this challange. Some tell me that the keeping of Pinnatus is when one is trying to reach to the top of all fish keeping( imagine the difficulty of keeping this fish ).

and I think we are all going further off topic already. srry bout this.

• SRC Member

So anyboby manage to keep my dream fish alive for 1 yr or more??

Equipment:

Live Stock:

Reef:

RIPs (Since June 2005):

Old 30G Corner Tank.