need help

davidluvfishes

• SRC Member

well, i have a similar problem... my royal dottyback (false gramma) is misbehaving also... intercepting every single fish in the tank that goes near its home, so 1 half of my tank is like over crowded, and the other half is empty.. haha... anyway i got a damsel to tame that lil lovely bugger, which my honey damsel did so well! haha.. but than, when i put 2 anthias and 2 firegobies inside the tank yesterday, both the dottyback and damsel went around chasing the poor fellas... one of my gobies died, and the other dying.. haiz. anyway i am gonna remove all my LR and dig the honey damsel out... then i am caging both the dottyback and damsel up till i figure wat to do with them...

You might want to get a fish trap to catch it out :)

But if you tame me, we shall need each other.

To me, you will be unique in all the world.

To you, I shall be unique in all the world...

You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed.

-Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Keep our hobby sustainable, participate in fragging NOW

CHAETO Farmer FarmerDan.gif

• SRC Member
same situation as u.. Worst thing is the fish even bit my hand when i tried to re-arrange his territory. Really wish to get him out and give him a good spanking.. ;)

I got my dottyback & damn sels into the bare land of sump. There they serve their remaining mths, days or ......

• SRC Member

I got my dottyback & damn sels into the bare land of sump. There they serve their remaining mths, days or ......

wow, this is like solitary confinement ..... so cruel :P

in the past, i have used a fish trap and give the fella away.

• SRC Member

Now I know why the false gramma is always inside those plastice containers in LFS,separated from the other fishes. :P

Used to owned one, super bully.

Fish trap, or hold a torch light in complete darkness, shine on the fish and it will be stun a while due to the sudden flash of light, and scope it with ya net on the right hand. :peace:

• SRC Member

my honey damsel juz killed another fella.. the white goby actually died in my hand... the damsel was chasing the goby around the tank so much it went up and down and tried jumping out of my tank a few times, but it onli the brim of the tank... den it went around the tank again with the damsel on its tail... den i realised the goby aint moving on the SB, so i picked it up, jerker a few more times, and died... so upset, i juz emptied out nearly my whole tank's LR to catch my honey damsel, den after i placed the LR back in, the dottyback realised the damsel no longer around, became the boss... went around chasing everything in sight... got me even more upset. took out everything agian to catch dat dottyback, now both in cages...

post-7-1137074479.jpg

• SRC Member

and after realising that both the dottyback and damsel are caged up, i got a new king in the tank, my blue and yellow damsel... terorrised my chromis and anthias into a corner of my tank... now my anthias refuses to leave that corner... haiz. think i have to remove that damsel again. any suggestions as to wat i can do to the damsels, dottyback? the dottyback, cos its my gf's fav, cant do anything much to it.. sobz.

post-7-1137074634.jpg