First Marine Tank 2 Ft

sunny03

• SRC Member

:( My first 2ft marine tank

gooday to you guys out there

i had created a marine tank with sand and SW are fr0m the sea and it had been around for 3 weeks and waiting the expert out there to give some advice and id of some species. bellow is my tank spec.

1. 24"x13"x14" with 6.5kg of live rock, 2in of sand cycle for 1wk, with DIY jet skimmer with a OHF which have mechical filter. and a 2ft normal FL light with a boyu blue light for viewing purpose..

2. contain x1 1in common clown,x3 1in Yellowtail Damselfish ,x3 cleanner shimps,x1 2in fireface goby and a 2in Blennies or Basslets (id pls) a green frogspwan, an Anemone (id pls), a Feather Duster, a brown N orange polyps lastly a Acropora (which i think)

(will my above spec able to cope with my fish bio load?? can i still be able to add some more fish ?? which i dont think so)

3. hope you guys can help me to id some of the species which one of them even is on the live rock when i brought it .

below is some of my tank pics pls bear with me cos i still dont know how to post many pics in one post

4. a sad case all my fish die in one day discover it today after work guess who it the cupit it the stupit anemone the make it way to the powerhead that hidden in the cave and JAM resulting as my powerhead over heat and kill all the living things in my tank only left a fan worm for me ..... :angry:

the image

Selling big game fishing equipment. Stella 20k / 17k .. made in Japan jigging blue rose / kabuzu popping rod... pm for prices

• SRC Member

sad that so many of ur live-stocks died..... :(

then again, u can look at it as another chance for u to strip down ur tank n start all over again using proper equipments.......

IMO, sand n SW direct from the sea doesnt seem reliable, it's betta to get a mix of #0 n #1 sand which shld bring u ard 10+ to 20 when u get a 10kg of each (shld be sufficient for a DSB if ur 2ft is a standard width 1), n use salt mixed with water/ seawater bought from some LFS (e.g LCK!**) which is filtered....

then properly cycle ur tank..... which shld take ard 2 weeks to 1 mth... b4 adding livestocks in small quantities each time...

all in all, do things rite rite from the start is good at a long term basis....

for more info, u may wan to browse thru the whole forum on how to create a DSB n proper cycling :peace:

• SRC Member

ya i know it a bit too fast to add so many LS but you know human are like that see wat they like and buy ;)

if i got so much sand den i would not have much space for the deco liao now i have 2in of sand but never weigth how heavy is it however can i add bit by bit of the sand to my tank during the process of cycle or the cycle stage is over

Selling big game fishing equipment. Stella 20k / 17k .. made in Japan jigging blue rose / kabuzu popping rod... pm for prices