Can algae sustain a dwarf angel?

• SRC Member

Thanks for all the replies, after two weeks my bicolor is still pecking algae but eating very very small bits of mysis and flake.

He has gone slightly thinner and I think he cannot last long if he does not learn to take more mysis and flakes soon.

I am not gving up yet and is still giving him the best of care in my QT :)

• SRC Member
:bow::bow::bow: for all the reply. I am happy to report that my bicolor is taking live brine shrimp and whole mysis shrimp .

He will feed 3 to 4 whole mysis at one feeding. after that have to wait for half hour or so before he will start feeding again.

congrats ;)

• SRC Member

Latest news.

My bicolor is gone. It was eating like a pig yesterday evening when I came home from work. Later on in the night, I found him out of the tank almost dry. This is the third time and unfirtunately the last time he jumped out. He was able to recover from the last two incedents but he did not recover this time, his gills were beating fast when I put him back into the water and was gone by this morning.

Lesson learnt, cover the entire tank, I left the part where the skimmer was sticking out on my QT uncivered and he jumped out from there.

Really bang b@l*s :cry2::cry2::cry2:

• SRC Member
Sorry for your lost....my wife found our longnose hawkfish behind the tank this afternoon...ZzzZZzZz :pinch: It was so healthy.....ah well, guess its fate....

it happens. lesson learnt. cover the entire surface of the tank. Will get another bicolor after CNY and wean it to feed.

Bicolor can be challenging to feed. I got the last one from Ah soon. He almost died of shock when he was netted from the tank in reborn but he managed to survive the odds until the fateful day when he jumped out of the tank and left to dry. :cry2::cry2::cry2::cry2::cry2:

• SRC Member

it happens. lesson learnt. cover the entire surface of the tank. Will get another bicolor after CNY and wean it to feed.

Bicolor can be challenging to feed. I got the last one from Ah soon. He almost died of shock when he was netted from the tank in reborn but he managed to survive the odds until the fateful day when he jumped out of the tank and left to dry. :cry2::cry2::cry2::cry2::cry2:

Hrmz, but does covering up the whole surface of the tank cause a decline in oxygen transfer? As in less oxygen get into the water from the atmosphere?

My Newbie Tank Thread

My Blog

All pics taken with CanoN!~