Help needed on Lobo

Raiden

• SRC Member

Hi all,

I bought my first lobo (pink rim and creamy-green centre) 2 days ago and have placed it on the sandbed... sad to say, it doesn't seem to open... wondering if this is usual? Was told by the lfs the coral just arrived and hence did not open.

Wonder if anyone can share with me what lobo prefers (i.e. location, water current, light, etc)... am hoping that it will survive as it is a waste to see such nice coral die.

I read somewhere that lobo is sensitive to the presence of soft coral... anyone know if this is true? I have a few carnation soft coral in the tank :(

FYI, my other LPS and SPS are doing fine...

Regards

Raiden

• SRC Member

From my experience, Lobo shld be place in medium to low flow, away from strong light. This is a very interesting coral, as they have very big feeding tentecales at nite. Do observe 3 hours after nights off and u will know what i mean. Good luck

• SRC Member

Hi,

Yes... it is interesting... my lobo only seems to be open during the night... it expanded very nicely after the light is out but when the lights comes on... it strunk to reveal the sharp parts of the skeleton (about 2-3mm)... hope this is alright... have shifted it to another location to see if it will open during the day...

more advice will be appreciated.

Regards...

Raiden

• SRC Member

u try to place it in the location and don't touch it anymore. it takes time too settle with your tank parameter and condition. the more you shift it, the more stress it has.

i have mine for more than a year. i will just give it enough flow (low) and just enough indirect light. it is doing well.

age.png

• SRC Member

I have 2 Lobos in my tank for more then a year ,

I have place them under low current, and switch to strong, alternating current,

they are doing well and growing bigger and fleshier

so I think lobo is probably quite tolerance to flow...