BUBBLE BURST!

marble

• SRC Member

Hi Bro/Sis

Just took a break nw to post tis qns after spendin d whole day rescaping d LR due 2 insufficient space for my corals. :lol:

I accidentally lifted a bubble frm d tank while rescaping and tat cause some of d bubbles to burst! :(

Will it pose any prob if some of d bubbles burst and will it grow bk or juzt KO on me?! :unsure:

Tks for d advice. ;)

• SRC Member

Erm, the action of lifting the bubble out of the tank will not cause it to burst. Did u hit it against anything accidentally? I guess if the rest of the Polyps open, ur coral will be ok. Cant really help, i guess you'll have to monitor it closely in case it fouls up your whole tank....gd luck!

My Newbie Tank Thread

My Blog

All pics taken with CanoN!~

• SRC Member
Erm, the action of lifting the bubble out of the tank will not cause it to burst. Did u hit it against anything accidentally? I guess if the rest of the Polyps open, ur coral will be ok. Cant really help, i guess you'll have to monitor it closely in case it fouls up your whole tank....gd luck!

Think its bec when i lift it out of e water, e bubbles r all balloon up with water inside,suddently i heard afew "POP" sound n then notice some of e ballon up bubble brust lor...

Now seems ok.....

Keeping my finger ######... :(

• SRC Member

Think its bec when i lift it out of e water, e bubbles r all balloon up with water inside,suddently i heard afew "POP" sound n then notice some of e ballon up bubble brust lor...

Now seems ok.....

Keeping my finger ######... :(

Oh, that'll happen? Have to take note of that if i ever shift my bubble. Dun worry, since you say ur bubble seems ok, i guess it'll be..... :)

My Newbie Tank Thread

My Blog

All pics taken with CanoN!~

• SRC Member

Oh, that'll happen? Have to take note of that if i ever shift my bubble. Dun worry, since you say ur bubble seems ok, i guess it'll be..... :)

yah man...i oso jzt noe yest.

Jzt take note tat if it is fully balloon up,e content inside e balloon bubbles contains water lor..So when u lift them out of e water,e balloon bubbles r unable to contain e waters inside n as they cant release them out in time,it will POP n e bubble will BRUST one by one lor..

Do take note bro n sis...

Anyway untill now my bubbles still lok ok..No sign of melting etc...

Keepin my finger xxxx... :lol:

• 2 years later...
  • SRC Member
Hi Bro/Sis

Just took a break nw to post tis qns after spendin d whole day rescaping d LR due 2 insufficient space for my corals. :lol:

I accidentally lifted a bubble frm d tank while rescaping and tat cause some of d bubbles to burst! :(

Will it pose any prob if some of d bubbles burst and will it grow bk or juzt KO on me?! :unsure:

Tks for d advice. ;)

Next time try gently wriggle the specimen anyway how is it?

1ft cube with IOS [the low tech tank]

1. JBJ C-breeze to keep temp hovering around 27-28'C

2. LED clip on - 120 bulbs

-skimmer-less-

My 3 humble equipments that keeps my tank running... [DRIED OUT]

1. The RSM itself of course 2.My NEW Deltec MCE-300 Skimmer 3. My trusty Arctica Chiller

Tank parameters:

Temperature maintained at 25.3'C to 24.7'C

No3: 10ppm(b4 the use of the deltec skimmer)

No3: 5ppm (after use of the skimmer)

Others? too lazy to measure...LOL

Camera- EOS 50D

Next time try gently wriggle the specimen anyway how is it?

Hi bro...2 years plus thread leh :rolleyes: ! By now, he was already expert in handling liao lo :lol: :lol: :lol: .

post-1182-049500100201281969137_thumb.gi

Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do. - Goethe

• SRC Member
Hi bro...2 years plus thread leh :rolleyes: ! By now, he was already expert in handling liao lo :lol: :lol: :lol: .

Oh I was browsing thru ma then saw this thread

-skimmer-less-

1. The RSM itself of course 2.My NEW Deltec MCE-300 Skimmer 3. My trusty Arctica Chiller

Tank parameters:

Camera- EOS 50D

• SRC Member

the difference in pressure can cause it to ?

• 3 weeks later...
  • SRC Member
the difference in pressure can cause it to ?

Yes as the water pressure press on the tissue of the bubbles or any other LPS corals and tissue will tear causing all possible damage like alage infesting the skeleton... :shock:

-skimmer-less-

Tank parameters:

Camera- EOS 50D