Zac

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• SRC Member
Hey bro... How you get your coralline growing so fast? All rocks seem fully coverd. Any advice?

hmm think the trick is lots of flow and CR :P now even my BB is 30% covered

Zac's Red Sea Reefer 170

• SRC Member

more pics.... MI brought yesterday... loved them decided to try again.. :D

post-34-1147590307.jpg

Zac's Red Sea Reefer 170

• SRC Member

very nice healthy looking MI, YT and PBT bro zac... keep up the updates :lol:

“Frogs have it easy, they can eat what bugs them”

"If you have no critics you'll likely have no success."

- Malcolm X

Glory Glory Man Utd!

DeZ aka Desmond

• SRC Member

Bro dkk08 and cool... iam keeping my fingers cross on the MIs ... haha now trying to lure it to eat by feeding three times a day with bine swrimps small potion ... will try mysis...the last MI i had was feeding on mysis.. :fear:

Zac's Red Sea Reefer 170

• SRC Member
MI dont attack ur corals? i also luv seeing skooling MI

hmm... not yet :P hopfully not :eyeblur:

Zac's Red Sea Reefer 170

• SRC Member
WOw..bro..after such a short while ..Your tank becoming more like a Charm..Natural look...

:lol:

Btw: Do u still have avaliable stocks for the Rotating Wave thigniee :paiseh:

thanks bro... sorry the wave thingy is all sold already ... come visit my tank and give some advice when you free :D

Zac's Red Sea Reefer 170

You MIs make me faint :pinch: So pretty!!! I bought one last 2 weeks... only manage to keep it alive for 5 days... even started feeding on Mysis :(

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member

hahaha... amos, i thought you MIA :P now, you tank is looking good :lol:

hey, for your low kh, check kh in CR effluent flow, your saltmix, and your mg level. either one is gives your kh problem :P

age.png

• SRC Member
You MIs make me faint :pinch: So pretty!!! I bought one last 2 weeks... only manage to keep it alive for 5 days... even started feeding on Mysis :(

yeah just trying my luck with it.. my GF likes it alot , i was hasitant on buying too... my previous 4ft i had one MI as my first inhabitant.. it was feeding on mysis too managed to keep it for two months tot it was very stable already but still die... read from somewhere that its due to MI feed on some unknown stuff that was available in the sea that we cannot provide.. but i do heard some success story too.. :) try try lor... :P

Zac's Red Sea Reefer 170

• SRC Member
hahaha... amos, i thought you MIA :P now, you tank is looking good :lol:

hey, for your low kh, check kh in CR effluent flow, your saltmix, and your mg level. either one is gives your kh problem :P

hi there bro i am still around lah just that was very busy with work... did not have time to update... :D

:) thanks for the info ...

my MG is in check.. will check on the CR and i am using NSW leh.. should i change to saltmix instead???

Zac's Red Sea Reefer 170

• SRC Member

hi there bro i am still around lah just that was very busy with work... did not have time to update... :D

:) thanks for the info ...

my MG is in check.. will check on the CR and i am using NSW leh.. should i change to saltmix instead???

i see... you should check your NSW parameters. ian has his problem with the NSW parameters. cos most of the NSW paramters have a low value. now, he is considering getting a good saltmix :lol:

age.png

• SRC Member

hehe think i will give it a try too.. any salt mix to recommend? price? :P

Zac's Red Sea Reefer 170

• SRC Member

since you are into sps...

TM pro reef - good ca and kh but a little low mg. if you supplement mg pro into your CR (10% of your CR vol.), no problem with mg stay at 1300ppm.

Corallife - high mg and ca but sometime very low in kh. depend on the batch you buy. they are no consistent in their salt parameters.

seacham - good mg, ca and kh. in addition, it has good potassium which most saltmix have lack. the price is high :P

Oceanic - high mg and ca but low kh

IO - low mg and ca but high kh

ME - ??? need someone to fill it in :P

age.png

Does it make sense to go for saltmix with high Mg? Coz it's pretty easy to bring up KH. Ca can always rely on Calcium Reactor/Kalk water. How does the Aqua Medic Reefsalt fare against the other brands?

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member

ca and kh additives is not so expensive. mg is expensive. it does make sense to get a good saltmix with good mg level and ca level. and i will use my home-made part to supplement the kh to get it a correct level, mix it for a day before i do my water change.

i am not too sure of the AM salt. but i heard that the review on the salt is not very impressive sometime back. but got to double check it.

it is good practice to test all the parameters of the new saltmix you bought. this will give you some idea whether you have the good parameters in it. you only need to test it once only :)

age.png

ca and kh additives is not so expensive. mg is expensive. it does make sense to get a good saltmix with good mg level and ca level. and i will use my home-made part to supplement the kh to get it a correct level, mix it for a day before i do my water change.

i am not too sure of the AM salt. but i heard that the review on the salt is not very impressive sometime back. but got to double check it.

it is good practice to test all the parameters of the new saltmix you bought. this will give you some idea whether you have the good parameters in it. you only need to test it once only :)

I will do it tonight soon and will be updating u with the parameters.

• SRC Member

I will do it tonight soon and will be updating u with the parameters.

thanks bro do keep us updated on the test k ;)

Zac's Red Sea Reefer 170

• SRC Member
Hi Zac,

Tank looks like its progressing well. Keep it up! :)

thanks :paiseh: still got lots to improve... Man the bills is shocking... :lol:

Zac's Red Sea Reefer 170