Where shall i place my rowaphos ?

angmoh

1) any place in the sump ?

2) water outlet of the skimmer ?

3) water outlet from the return pump ?

or any better place ?

and how much rowa i shall put in the sock bag ? my tank is 50 gal .

thanks

practically anywhere with flow . direct outflow from skimmer could be one of the choice .

however it is better to place it in a fluidised reactor for max effeciency :P

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Lighting: AI hydra 52HD

Skimmer: Deltec SC 1455

Reactor: Minimax; rowaphos

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

Wave Maker: MP 40 WQD

Return pump: Eheim 1262

Chiller: Arctica 1/10 hp

A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal, but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel -- Proverbs 12:10

• SRC Member
practically anywhere with flow . direct outflow from skimmer could be one of the choice .

however it is better to place it in a fluidised reactor for max effeciency :P

Has anyone "measured" how much more effective or efficient is using of FR compared to placing the media directly in the sump? I mean, we need additional pump to run the FR, so need more space, more heat built up etc. Does the use of FR really outweigh it's disadvantages?

• SRC Member
Has anyone "measured" how much more effective or efficient is using of FR compared to placing the media directly in the sump? I mean, we need additional pump to run the FR, so need more space, more heat built up etc. Does the use of FR really outweigh it's disadvantages?

Theoratically, if everything is in a mesh bag. Chances is that more effective water flow will flow around the bag, utilizing only the media on the outside of the bag, leaving the media inside of the bag virtually untouched.

Whereas in a FR, the water is 'forced' to flow through all the media, as they do have any other way to go.

Therefore, theoratically, using a FR is more effective.

*translated from Hokkien*

"If say no bang wall, this idiot will never ripen" - Mr Quah Siew Kow.

• SRC Member
Theoratically, if everything is in a mesh bag. Chances is that more effective water flow will flow around the bag, utilizing only the media on the outside of the bag, leaving the media inside of the bag virtually untouched.

Whereas in a FR, the water is 'forced' to flow through all the media, as they do have any other way to go.

Therefore, theoratically, using a FR is more effective.

But water in the sump is also "forced" to flow from 1 compartment to another, although I do agree that the flow is probably more wide spread. That is why I posted my earlier question:

"How much more effective is the use of FR compared to simply placing the media in a "flowable" location?"

:D:D

• SRC Member
That is why I posted my earlier question:

"How much more effective is the use of FR compared to simply placing the media in a "flowable" location?"

:D:D

I would say much more effective. Outside media probably only like 40%, based on my guesstimation.

• SRC Member
i'm thinking of putting the rowa media in the skimmer chamber, do u guys think it's feasible ?

i'm using the weipro skimmer.

Then your media end up reacting with all the micro bubbles. That will compromise performance both the media and skimmer. Think it's better off putting the media directly in the sump. :P

• SRC Member

I would say much more effective. Outside media probably only like 40%, based on my guesstimation.

Walao, lidat must think hard how to continue using my FR liao. I was originally thinking of decommissioning the FR due to lack of space in sump.

:P:P

• SRC Member

Rowa wont not be affected by mirco bubbles unless u are saying that the Bubbles reduce the Rowa CONTACT with water... if that the case..shouldnt affect much...

I am just an average FR (fish reefing) writer. If you like my FRs, please upz my points.

• SRC Member
Walao, lidat must think hard how to continue using my FR liao. I was originally thinking of decommissioning the FR due to lack of space in sump.

:P:P

Run it externally. Heehee. Unless yours is leaking. :P which one did you get?

• SRC Member
Rowa wont not be affected by mirco bubbles unless u are saying that the Bubbles reduce the Rowa CONTACT with water... if that the case..shouldnt affect much...

Yeap. With the Rowa in the skimmer, your water will have less contact with the micro bubbles too, hence being skimmed less effectively. But do let me know if this is feasible, cos I would very much like to have 2-in-1 too.

:lol: