My small 2 feet tank

ong2ah

• SRC Member

1st time attached my tank picture. Any comments. Special thanks to Lester who really help me out during last august bad times. :) How to make the picture smaller... try to figure out but can not...haiz.. :ph34r:

post-34-1139649416.jpg

Edited by ong2ah

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

The picture not very well taken... looks like only got 2 fishes... cos all my fishes like to hide and not much space for them to swim due to the big fat tang taking up the space..

LS: Unicorn tang

Yellow Tilefish (my favorite alien looking fish)

False percula clownfish

Small baby Black sebae clownfish

Zebra Goby

Fire Goby

Shrimp Goby

Rainford goby

Invert: Pink brittle star

Serpent star

Big Cleaner Shrimp

Strombus snail (unusual snail)

Sand Anemone

Corals: Frogspawn

Leather soft coral

Small brown bubbles

Normal Zoos

Starpolys

Normal white seafan

Cyanarina (not doing well after a mth)

Two short tentacles plate (50% gone)

System: 1.5 feet sump system with LR, small amt of coral chips, Biohome and a small refugium (cheato algae) incorporated in sump tank compartment. Skimmer:AS Macro Skimmer.

N03 - 25 to 50ppm

kH- 8.0 to 8.3

Ca- 380ppm

Mg - slightly below 1200ppm.

Salinity- 1.025 (by refractometer)

Btw any reefers here got any gd tips on keeping cyarina and plate corals? ANy comments on these two corals ease of keeping?

1st time attached my tank picture. Any comments. Special thanks to Lester who really help me out during last august bad times. :) How to make the picture smaller... try to figure out but can not...haiz.. :ph34r:

Your tank is way too small for that naso vlamingii tang... BTW FYI naso vlamingii tang can reach to abt same length as your tank

suggest you sell it away or bring back to the lfs ;)

• SRC Member

i saw my name :P

welcome back brother :D

Your tank is way too small for that naso vlamingii tang... BTW FYI naso vlamingii tang can reach to abt same length as your tank

suggest you sell it away or bring back to the lfs ;)

Agreed with Dispar_Anthias..

Tank too small for the Unicorn Tang.

Sell back to LFS or donate to bros with big tanks.

Poor Unicorn Tang....

• SRC Member

i saw my name :P

welcome back brother :D

Hi bro, really got to thanks u for yr advice last yr...should not have post my tank picture... kind of being "blasted"...hahaha :lol:

The picture taken was quite poor... will try to post better pictures soon... btw from my tank picture...do u think the green algae on the side wall are coraline or nuisance algae...kind of not confirmed... since coraline algae can be green also right...pardon my ignorance :D

• SRC Member
Your tang may not survive very long in such a small tank. Better sell it away to a better bigger tank. My powder blue tang ($25) had the same fate - and I learn my lesson ;)

Thought of letting go the unicorn tang... as it keep eating and polluting my water <_< but being keeping it almost 2 years... from small to so big... so reluctant to let go :cry: ... but since it keep shitting so much..i change my water weekly to keep my n03 low... so for the time being...i hope it stop growing that fast... :lol:

• SRC Member
wow bro your tank got algae bloom izzit!Do water change la.. Anyways... just keep the unicorn for a while more than ou have to at least upgrade!not so soon la..

dnt think its algae boom... i think its accumulation over a 2 years plus coming to 3 years of not scrubbing my side and back walls of my tank... and there is no algae on my sand and rocks... have a bit ... i think very hard to make things zero:P

anyway i changing my water weekly.. and the side walls algae help to feed my rainford goby who dnt eat any food (henry food or mysis) except eat the algae and things it can find on the rocks... <_< i dnt understand also..

• SRC Member

I don't think it's the better pictures you should worry about....it's the tang! Understandable that you've raised it from a lil fella till the size he is now but keeping it in this small a tank now that he's this big is just cruel buddy.

Notice that most of the comments in ur tank thread has been about your tang and not your tank....so don't ignore what's apparent....but at the end of the day....i guess it's still ur call...

good luck with it.... ;)

Tank 66"x27"x28" - Return Pump Red Dragon 12m3 - Skimmer Deltec AP701 - Chiller Starmex - Wavemakers Wavysea - Lighting DE 6 x T5-HO

southpaw23's reef

• SRC Member

Notice that you've put your tang up for sale...and from the looks of it, u seem to be getting good responses on potential buyers....good for you!

And hope u didn't take too much offense in my last post. All the best buddy.. :peace:

Tank 66"x27"x28" - Return Pump Red Dragon 12m3 - Skimmer Deltec AP701 - Chiller Starmex - Wavemakers Wavysea - Lighting DE 6 x T5-HO

southpaw23's reef

• SRC Member
Notice that you've put your tang up for sale...and from the looks of it, u seem to be getting good responses on potential buyers....good for you!

And hope u didn't take too much offense in my last post. All the best buddy.. :peace:

Not at all, brother... being keeping the tang too long, make me overlook the fact that it need a bigger home. I have already find it a big home, which is comforting

• SRC Member

Shrimp goby... hard to photograph... as its always hiding with pistol shrimp... unless its makan time :lol:

The pink arm on the left..belong to the very hardworking pink brittle star... being a great help to my tank..clearing the uneaten food :yeah:

post-34-1140108118.jpg

• SRC Member

Thats all for the photos... still trying to upgrade my tank and make the small tank better... and in truth i would have like my tank to be at least 3 feet big... as i am not so into nanotechnology :lol: But this 2 feet tank has being a great starting point... guess the experience will help me save a lot of $$ when i finally start the 3 feet tank :D

Welcome any gd and bad comments abt my tank, or what can i do to make things better. Thanks :)

• SRC Member

Not at all, brother... being keeping the tang too long, make me overlook the fact that it need a bigger home. I have already find it a big home, which is comforting

Good to hear bro...i guess i can understand how the attachment is like when u've kept a particular fish for so long..

I started out like you with a nano too...for a bout 2 years....this current 3.5footer is my first leap into the slightly bigger tanks...and it's been great....your fish choices are not so limited anymore....tho i must say the investment gets a lot higher....but still quite a joy to come home to ur tank and fishes ;)

Good luck with the eventual upgrade...i would give you advice on takin pictures but my camera skills suck as well so all the best buddy.... ;)

southpaw23's reef