My small 2 feet tank

ong2ah

• SRC Member

You may remove the endcap where the air tube is attached once it is running. The flow will be slower, it is okay.

Is the pump running constant when the siphone breaks?? Close the ball valve more will help too.

Bro, thanks for yr advice...now already started to get the hang of it.. :yeah:

Will close down the v/v a bit more.. :thanks:

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

any pics for ypur sump tank ?

Humble tank :

Size: 4x2.5x2 ft - Display 

Equipment :

Return 1 : Ecotech marine L1

Return 2 : Ecotech marine M1

CR : Skimz CM122 - Caribsea extra course media with Grotech magnesium

Light : ATI 8x54W

bro, u k refer to pg 3 of my thread for photo of my sump tank. ;)

i am on page 3 but no pic

Humble tank :

Equipment :

bro any pic on how u connect the sump to the chiller and back to main ?

Humble tank :

Equipment :

• SRC Member
bro any pic on how u connect the sump to the chiller and back to main ?

Bro, i am not using any chiller... as i mention b4.. mine is a cheap setup compared to many bros tank setup... :D

i used frozen water bottles in my sump tank to bring the temperature in my tank down.... being doing that for abt half a year liao... actually i only start to keep LPS only since last year oct that time..

• SRC Member
Overflow Pipe in action... glad to have this gadget ;)

Really save me worries over my cheap tank system.

Nice tank you have!

BTW, may I know the size of the pipe o/d of your overflow pipe?

Also what is the return pump rating in l/hr? Do you add any ball valve to your return pump? Thanks.

• SRC Member

Nice tank you have!

BTW, may I know the size of the pipe o/d of your overflow pipe?

Also what is the return pump rating in l/hr? Do you add any ball valve to your return pump? Thanks.

Mine is a just normal ok tank only.... restricted by $$$ :lol:

Btw the overflow pipe dia is 2cm.. if i am not wrong.. i do use a ball v/v to control

The return pump from sump to main tank is a 2000l/hr pump... but due to the ball v/v opening throttled to 75% open and the head los s and pump efficiency... i suppose the return flow is < 1000l/hr flow... which i reckon, should be enough for my small 2 feet tank...

Hope my info help... perhaps u k share with me, how yr system is .. :D

Your tank looks great... I don't think pumping in more $$$ will improve it significantly... unless you are talking about a new tank in a much grander scale :lol:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member
Your tank looks great... I don't think pumping in more $$$ will improve it significantly... unless you are talking about a new tank in a much grander scale :lol:

Thanks for yr kind words, bro... i do intend to set up a bigger tank in the future...

but due to budget...most likely would start only a 3 ft tank.. :lol:

You know what? I am very happy with my 3ft tank... I think it allows enough room to play with and at the same time more manageable and intimate. Definitely a good size for ur next upgrading... once the tank gets larger than 4ft... u will be looking at a totally different set of professional equipments already :( That's where the real "burning" gonna hurt most <_<

All the best! Hope to see your new set up soon... start a new thread? :heh:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• 2 weeks later...
  • SRC Member
You know what? I am very happy with my 3ft tank... I think it allows enough room to play with and at the same time more manageable and intimate. Definitely a good size for ur next upgrading... once the tank gets larger than 4ft... u will be looking at a totally different set of professional equipments already :( That's where the real "burning" gonna hurt most <_<

All the best! Hope to see your new set up soon... start a new thread? :heh:

Bro, i will not be starting a new bigger tank so soon...

got to beef up the wallet 1st :lol:

Last week, almost tear down my tank to catch the naughty blue eye anthia out ..later rescape to try to get back the old shape of the tank.. very tedious n siong :blink:

Affected my corals a bit... this two days juz get better after two water changes... though my green pearl coral got hurt quite bad, haiz :cry2:

being reading that u are upgrading yet again :evil:

looking forward to yr updated tank threads :D

Me upgrading?!? No lah... can't afford a Deltec tank yet :heh:... more like downgrading this round... thinking of changing my MH to T5 instead... the corals are very happy/healthy under MH... I am the only one sufferring... oh the chiller too (poor Italian guy).

Yeah... never never catch a fish out using a net, you will hurt/stress others along the way... not worth it... I have been trying trap a bit... but no success lor... will try to go buy a more reliable fish trap soon :erm: