Where to get True Percula clowns?

ywng85

Hi guys, after reading and seeing what you guys have been doing. I've become extremely interested in breeding clownfish. Started keeping marine fishes only 9 months ago. Been doing kinda well keeping my livestocks alive. I'm keeping a FOWLR. With some damsels and wrasses. Been fascinated with clownfishes for quite a while but never really got them. Visited a LFS which quoted me 15 bucks for a pair of true percula clowns, which i didn't buy of course. According to the staff in that shop, there are 'truer' ones which cost 40 over dollars. Well I'm kinda inapt in this area. Can anyone suggest any places to get them? Those really good looking ones like that chew had in his thread

: http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/index.php?showuser=3937.

Thanks alot

Appreciate if you guys could help. I'm new to the forum.

15 bucks for a pair? 1 true percular on its own would normally fetch from $18 onwards...In getting them u cld try from some of our sponsors like Marinelife, jireh....

You shld maybe start of with false clowns first, it will be a waste if u buy true percular and they dont survive especially as u have damsels in ur tank which are aggressive..

Thanks alot guys. Will visit AM soon. I have another 20G tank to spare. Researching more on clownfishes before deciding to buy. Dun wish to kill these beautiful fishes. Anywhere i can get the Clownfishes book in Singapore besides petmart? it's kinda far from where i live.

It may sounds interesting... but BRO ... I'm telling you its hell lot of work looking after the babies.... :lol:

Firstly, You can get a good pair from Coral Farm, but they are very costly there.

Secondly, You need to have a lot of conditions right before any pair will breed or survive even..

Take the earlier advise and try out normal clowns first. (Especially since your tank not fully matured yet)

Then again, not every pair will actually breed.... its more like kenna 4D if you get a breeding pair.

Wish you all the success!!! :D:D

• SRC Member

$18 is actually a very ureal cheap price :yeah:

or maybe its false percula u are talking about?

normally juz one true perc costs at least $12.

:off: srry to off topic, i have a small false perc sharing a small anemone with a bigger true perc. is that possible? they don't seemed to fight :erm: but one thing is the smaller false perc was introduced earlier

I realised the time needed for the babies, augustine. Thanks man. Had prior experiences breeding guppies. Baby guppies have to eat every 3 hourly to ensure that they won't have deformities. Though they dun die so easily. Sorry a bit off topic. Was a real headache then. I'm still considering. Will heed your advise about getting common clowns first. Thanks man.

Yup I know about the chances of them breeding is like buying 4D. Haha.