24G Nano Cube

Marinesavy

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chiller is a optional item for reef aquarium, whether hammer or other LPS, is a recommendation to have a chiller to keep the temp at about 26-27 degree. With Singapore weather, is very hard to achieve becasue of the hot and humid weather in Summer. Coral cannot live or do well above 30 degree.

You can use Fan to replace the chiller, however... need to take care of the evaporation rate and need to top up water very frequent with buffer to maintain PH.

Agree with the other bros... your rockscapping rocks! Mine is totally different, with so little space to do rockscapping... so sad :cry:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

Saw some Algae Bleenies @ AM yesterday.... :)

Algae blenny is only good for scavenging the floor bed only right? If I have very little sand, will it also "lawn-mow" my LR for algaes?

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

I got my algae blenny from jalan kayu old man shop, is near to AM, i use to visit the old man quite often as sometimes it got shipment of LPS, Polyps and fishes etc. and price can also bargain a bit. :) Went yeserday and got a jewel coral, button and a box fish from him.

He has quite a quantity of zoo, button in various color, $5 per piece, some as big as your two palm, very healthy. LPS like bubble, hammer, frogspawn also have.

I have my blenny with boxer shrimp, no issue at all.

Advise you guy to buy a blenny for 24g cube, in the past before having blenny in my tank, my tank glass, sandbed and wall full of brown algae, have try various invertebrates, (turbo snails, sea cucumber) no luck, although they do clean the algae but its too slow.

Guess what, my blenny clean away all the algae on my sandbed, rock, glass and wall within 2 days. :) can't imagine this guy can do so much of work for me. Two thumbs up for blenny. Anyway, i have my 3 snails and 1 sea cucumber to help him as well.