Pipes gave way...

Volitan

• SRC Member

Ok ok, got my glue liao. Just like to check if there is any things to note on gluing of pipes. All the writings are Jap, so can't understand the procedure. Do I just apply the glue and attach it directly to the other pipe, or need to wait a little while? I heard that sanding the surface prior to gluing will make it more effective. Any advice?

:thanks:

• SRC Member
bro you can also apply silicon on the pipeand and clean the acess,gurantee no leak B)

I think silicon can only prevent leakage from pipe joints, but may not be strong enough to hold the pipes together under great pressure due to high water flow.

Ok ok, got my glue liao. Just like to check if there is any things to note on gluing of pipes. All the writings are Jap, so can't understand the procedure. Do I just apply the glue and attach it directly to the other pipe, or need to wait a little while? I heard that sanding the surface prior to gluing will make it more effective. Any advice?

:thanks:

Clean both ends which u want to glue together (DRY)

NExt apply glue to the part where u want to glue too

Next, Apply preasure to the parts which u want to join

Finally, leaev them to dry for around 2-3 hours and you are done.

:peace:

• SRC Member
Clean both ends which u want to glue together (DRY)

NExt apply glue to the part where u want to glue too

Next, Apply preasure to the parts which u want to join

Finally, leaev them to dry for around 2-3 hours and you are done.

:peace:

Ok, will try that out.

:thanks::thanks::thanks:

I alway put a "reasonable" amount of white piping tape around the pipes 1st, to cover the gaps and eventual "vibration" wear and tear....also as advised earlier, only use the PVC glue to bond the pipes, they are strong enough., if need to , secure the pipes to cabinet, wall to provide some "kick back ' when starting pumps.For my return pipes from skimmer (I got 3 feet bullet skimmer type!) I only twist the pipes together with white piping tape for some tension/grip, but I do tie down the pipes with nylon ropes so they wont break apart when I restart the pump.(Maintenance days)