what happened to my blue tang ?

chercm

he is behaving so strangly seems he is struggling to swim and there is white areas

what happened?

dsc_0312.jpg

Humble tank :

Size: 4x2.5x2 ft - Display 

Equipment :

Return 1 : Ecotech marine L1

Return 2 : Ecotech marine M1

CR : Skimz CM122 - Caribsea extra course media with Grotech magnesium

Light : ATI 8x54W

• SRC Member

IMO, Try to feed the tang with pellet coated/ soak in garlic.

Suffered from ich. did u isolated the tang in a small tank? did u put oxygen in it? if that so, add in some cure ich solution BUT dun add it in ur main tank. monitor ur tang, if it struggle with cure ich solution in it, change the water.

and pray hard.

reef onz and good luck :D

• SRC Member

it depends...some survive, some not. the thing is that if ur blue tang start feeding, maybe the chances are high.

Yes bro cool is right,maybe u tang is suffering from stress while in the tank. did any fishes start stressing ur tang?

• SRC Member

Erm, you might be stressing it even more putting it in a tank like that, maybe u can try get a suitable piece of pvc piping that your tang will fit into and put it in your QT. It'll give him some place to hide and rest. Like wil mentioned, if its feeding, than it should recover. But please put in some form of water circulation in the tank, the fish will die from lack of oxygen before it dies from stress. Good luck!

My Newbie Tank Thread

My Blog

All pics taken with CanoN!~

any case my tang have pass away

Humble tank :

Equipment :

• SRC Member

Sorry to hear that.

Next time do take more care of the fishes .. they r all part of the ocean that r removed so that we can admire them .. so we should all do our part to protect it by ensuring that these fishes do not die so easily.

Wish u success for all ur other fishes! Happy reefing!

i started feeding the rest with Formula 2 pellet coated/ soak in garlic.

they loved it and some have mentioned it will help in giving the fishes immunity

Humble tank :

Equipment :

• SRC Member

Erm, garlic guard does NOT give immunity to your fishes to diseases. It's reported to improve your fishes' immune system to make them more resistance though. Sorry about the lost of your BT, its a cute fish. Hope you'll have better luck next time! Btw, on my bottle of garlic guard, it is not mentioned anywhere that it give immunity to fishes against diseases, in fact it doesnt even mention that it'll improve resistance. Its suppose to be an appetite stimulant... :)

My Newbie Tank Thread

My Blog

All pics taken with CanoN!~

my formula one does not says there is gralic but formula 2 does

Humble tank :

Equipment :

my formula one does not says there is gralic but formula 2 does

list of ingredients taken from ocean nutrition site

Formula One is red and, like our frozen and flake products, it is produced with higher protein levels.

Shrimp, plankton, sardine, soybean, wheat flour, salmon egg oil, lecithin, spirulina, fish oil, minerals (calcium chloride, potassium iodide, ferrous sulfate, manganese sulfate, magnesium carbonate, zinc sulfate), garlic, MPAX (Marine Protein Amino eXtract: fish meals, hydrolysate's, select amino acids (arginine, histidine, isoleucine, leucine, lysine, methionine, cystine, phenylalanine, threonine, tryptophan, and valine)), vitamins (stabilized vitamin C, biotin, beta carotene, cyanocobalamin, niacin, riboflavin, thiamin, vitamin E), preservatives (ethoxyquin, potassium sorbate), amino acids (dl- methionine, L-lysine), carotenoid pigments (astaxanthin, canthaxanthin), and beta glucan.

Formula Two is green and is for fish with lower protein needs.

Shrimp, plankton, sardine, kelp, alfalfa, squid, salmon egg oil, spirulina, lecithin, fish oil, garlic, casein, minerals (calcium chloride, potassium iodide, ferrous sulfate, manganese sulfate, magnesium carbonate zinc sulfate), MPAX (Marine Protein Amino eXtract: fish meals, hydrolysate's, select amino acids (arginine, histidine, isoleucine, leucine, lysine, methionine, cystine, phenylalanine, threonine, tryptophan, and valine)), vitamins (stabilized vitamin C, biotin, beta carotene, cyanocobalamin, niacin, riboflavin, thiamine. vitamin E), preservatives (ethoxyquin, potassium sorbate), carotenoid pigments (astaxanthin, canthaxanthin), and beta glucan.