my collection of angelfish

bigbird

• SRC Member
Bro,

I am setting up my 3x2.5x2 tnk next week. Intention is to have dead rock and fishes only. Someone told me a similar method you are using, adding copper powder.

Will be keeping blue face, yellow tank, purple tank,soha tank, blue ring, king and queen only.

I realised all the shops do not put any angels in their display tank, especially when there's lots of corals. I spoke to one LPS owner, she told me "can", just that they are putting any angels in it. Another owner is very honest, he told me "cannot", this fishes will get disease easily if put in coral tank. He say to keep this big fishes, best is to keep with dead rock and maintain the water with copper powder. He claim that copper powder will keep corals and live rock but not the fishes.

hi tijou, when you add on new angel , you can try this pic below, it will reduce stress and can be train to accept food and also allow the other tankmate to get use to it. Just imagine, new fish contain in the bag and from LFS to your home, is already stressful, when you introduce to the tank and other fishes attack it, the new fish is too stressful to defend herself and here disease will appear, sometimes

the older one didn't even give them a chace to survive another day

post-34-1141126472.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One of my favourite fish only.

Give me one more chance....

• SRC Member

sorry, pic resize

post-34-1141126554.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• SRC Member

cost is basket from hardware store, and sera or eheim suckion cup.

place it in your tank for a week or 2 depening on situation

post-34-1141126884.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

my 7 inches emperor

post-34-1142133765.jpg

• SRC Member

my golden butterfly 9 pcs. all under quarantine.

post-34-1142133873.jpg

Wow! That's a very large tank u got there... and a very large collection of angels :D Love the 9 golden butterfly angels... they look so pretty.

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member

thanks.

• SRC Member
Wow bigbird, you have exotic angels! I'm angel lover too. Care to post your full tank shots when you're free? Thanks in advance!

sure when the bigger tank ready in 3 weeks times. here the 4ft temp tansfer them from 6 ft

post-34-1142177303.jpg

• SRC Member

My new grey angel(L) hope it can get along with the french :blink:

and the alantic blue tang

post-34-1142261497.jpg

• SRC Member

atlantic blue tang

post-34-1142261641.jpg

• SRC Member

my montipora i think 2ft by 2ft for my new tank 4pcs creating 4 layer shade for the angel

post-34-1142261802.jpg

Wow the montipora is so impressive... must show us your new tank setup. Good luck! :)

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• 3 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

my almost complete project.

tank 84 by 36 by 30 tank

sump 72 by 30 by 18

post-34-1143887735.jpg

• SRC Member

my sump

iwaki 55 rm

iwaki 100 rm

shorty 2( aquamedic)

post-34-1143887872.jpg

• SRC Member

ASM G5 skimmer

artical 1/1.5 hp chiller

post-34-1143887960.jpg

• SRC Member

view of the tank

post-34-1143888050.jpg

• SRC Member

montipora 2ft by 2 ft

post-34-1143888167.jpg

• SRC Member

light 2 x 3 ft philip o3 actinc

2 x 4 ft philip o3 actinic ( with arcadia reflector and electronic ballast)

2 x JBJ 4 ft pl lamp

2 x DE lighting 150w 20k MH

wave maker macro

control 4 x seio 2600

post-34-1143888542.jpg

• SRC Member

from ah beng he came in 4 female i took 3 and another reefer took 1 can try SL