EARTH's Office Tank

Earth

• SRC Member

Dear All

Actually, I have a FOWLR 4.5ft (total including IOS) tank at home done by At@#$tis. :angry:. Successful only after a number of upgrades. Will post pic of that one if I have the time. Right now, just wish to share with all reefers my new FOWLR setup in my office as I spend more time at work everyday :D

Office tank is 2.5ft (total include IOS). Current lifestocks are as follows:

Flame Angel (from Iwarna)

Solar Wrasse (from SL)

Yellow Tang (from SL)

Royal Gramma (from PR)

Maroon Clown (from SL)

Fire Shrimp (from PR)

Cleaner Shrimp (from ML)

Red Knob Star (from ML)

All are feeding well :D

Enjoy and all comments are welcomed...

post-69-1141406557.jpg

4x1.5x2.3 home tank

6x2x2.3 office tank

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

Equipments are as follows:

Deltec MCE600 HOT Skimmer

Solite 2ft HO T5

Coralife 36W UV

Lifetech 2500L return pump

Mini Jebo hangon filter (to clear dirt on water surface & run Rowaphos in sock)

post-69-1141406850.jpg

4x1.5x2.3 home tank

6x2x2.3 office tank

Hehe I can see you in most of the pics... wearing tie huh? So serious :P

It's so nice to have a setup like this in the office and also no need chiller right? Do keep us updated with all upgrading :D

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member

Great looking FOWLR tank! :shock::lol:

But I think u need more LR for the no. of LS u've in there... oh n I must say u've an expensive mix of LS too... watch out for the African Red Knob Starfish as it is known as a fish eater... I've seen mine eating damsels so beware :shock::eyebrow:

“Frogs have it easy, they can eat what bugs them”

"If you have no critics you'll likely have no success."

- Malcolm X

Glory Glory Man Utd!

DeZ aka Desmond

Great looking FOWLR tank!  :shock:  :lol:

But I think u need more LR for the no. of LS u've in there... oh n I must say u've an expensive mix of LS too... watch out for the African Red Knob Starfish as it is known as a fish eater... I've seen mine eating damsels so beware  :shock:  :eyebrow:

I agree with bro dkk08... why not add another 3 to 5 kg of LR in there? You may want to get the matured cured LR from fellow reefers... there are lots of high quality LR out there up for grab @ the Pasar Malam section... I got mine last week :D

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member

Bro Jervismun: Haha... eat abit of snake to take photo during work... Yap, in aircon room, so water quite cold always...Will definitely add in more LR, but Pasar Malam LR always got snapped up very fast, sometimes quite inconvenient to go to reefers house too. I got my LR from Reborn as they are near to my office, very cheap and they looked quite alright to me, some with very nice coralline algae...

Bro Hobbes: Skimmer was meant for my home tank initially. however, due to limited space for maintenence and poor tank design , i have to decom it... So decided to put it to good use again by setting up another tank :D

Bro Dkk08: didn't know the red knob eat fishes :o how did your star manage to catch the damsel? :D I thought they move very slowly as compared to fishes...

Bro BFG: Sori, but what's FTS?

4x1.5x2.3 home tank

6x2x2.3 office tank

Getting matured LR is much better because if you get from Reborn, it will pollute your water causing havoc to the tank. Go Pasar Malam every now and then, I've came a across a few this week alone.

With this tank in your office, you must be the most popular guy in the company :D

Make sure no disaster/wipe out or else you will be the most hated guy for sure, lol.

• SRC Member

Bro earth I'm not sure how the knobby caught the fast moving damsel... perhaps it was caught when it was sleeping in the nite :unsure::yeah:

I'm sorta collecting starfishes mostly not reef safe, but sadly I need to find a good "temp home" for them as I'm redoing my tank and pipings... :off:

Anyway I still think more LR wld be nice... I saw some pretty nice LR at reborn just now think they've new shipment of corals so u can go check it out :P

- Malcolm X

Glory Glory Man Utd!

DeZ aka Desmond

Bro earth I'm not sure how the knobby caught the fast moving damsel... perhaps it was caught when it was sleeping in the nite :unsure::yeah:

I'm sorta collecting starfishes mostly not reef safe, but sadly I need to find a good "temp home" for them as I'm redoing my tank and pipings... :off:

Anyway I still think more LR wld be nice... I saw some pretty nice LR at reborn just now think they've new shipment of corals so u can go check it out :P

They received a big shipment last Thursday (2 days ago), I was there... and they were to busy to entertain me :(

• SRC Member

Bro Jevismun: Popular?? they think I "boliao", waste so much $ and evryday see me starring into the tank now and then... :blink: Some solid ones even say want to contribute to the livestock by adding in guppies :unsure: Looks like not all people appreciate this hobby... :D

Bro dkk08: regarding your collection, is there a limit to the no of starfishes to be kept in 1 tank? Won't they be fighting for food in the tank as they cannot be fed like fishes

4x1.5x2.3 home tank

6x2x2.3 office tank

• SRC Member

Well,just to share my thought.My starfish once ran out of food.It was clever enough to stay up in the tank as the water flow is coming towards it.When i feed the fishes the food will be instantly brought to the starfish. It catches the food using its tentacles. Nice to see the process from the top of the tank...

AG_fishjumping.gif

3.5 X 2.5 X 2.5 Reef Coming up :))

136+39(UK)

163+47(US)

618+178L

• SRC Member

Yes bro earth I actually do feed the starfish like I feed fishes... just need to place the shrimp meat/Blended meat near the starfish and trust me u'll never see a starfish move at 1cm/sec before :shock::lol:

- Malcolm X

Glory Glory Man Utd!

DeZ aka Desmond

Yeah... actually I am thinking of moving to a slightly larger (and nicer) office mid this year... maybe I can introduce a SW tank in the waiting area or conference room. Nice :D

• SRC Member
Yeah... actually I am thinking of moving to a slightly larger (and nicer) office mid this year... maybe I can introduce a SW tank in the waiting area or conference room. Nice :D

that's a very good idea... actually after I started my last FW planted tank my CEO was coming down more often to look at my tank :lol:

Heard from his driver he's thinking of setting up a tank in his office :rolleyes::P

- Malcolm X

Glory Glory Man Utd!

DeZ aka Desmond

that's a very good idea... actually after I started my last FW planted tank my CEO was coming down more often to look at my tank :lol:

Heard from his driver he's thinking of setting up a tank in his office :rolleyes::P

And you shall be the guy volunteer for this ambitious task... way to go man! Good to hear that our hobby is bringing us good career opportunities too :D