Ground Probe for fish tank

Limpc

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

I just checked my tank today using a multimeter, found out that it has 20 plus voltage loose in the water. switched off one powerhead, found it dropped by 4V, off my lights and fan, drop by 2-4V. interesting huh? but couldn't measure any DC current and my multimeter can't measure AC current, so maybe no loose current, which means maybe the voltage is induced and not leak? (pt being I think if everyone measured their own tanks, I'm sure there'll be SOME voltage present) anyhow it may lead to hole in the head disease and all, so I think a ground probe is a good idea for everyone. So seahorse maybe you can start a mass order thread?

• SRC Member
Hi Seahorse,

Am interested in yr DIY probe, can i still add my order 1 please.

I really hope u can gather the orders again.

Let me know how to transfer fund to you.

:thanks:  :D

I tell myself...This is the last time I'm gonna get electric-shocked!!! Just had one again!!! From the Profantec fan. Maybe it's not the fan but rather me!!! Just so 'fortunate'... :cry:

Please...please...Mr Seahorse, can help me diy one or direct me as to the whereabouts of one. I will hunt it down. Otherwise my cortisol level is going to increase with all the shocks I'm getting as I meddle with my tank everyday... :cry:

:thanks:

• SRC Member
no offence to seahorse

I can give a step by step instruction DIY if needed. But someone needs to get the titanium spokes first.

Hi Barra , I think it is a good idea for u to post the DIY here . As u can see , I think a lot of pple needs this probe . I can't get a less expensive source for the titanium spoke ... U have any lobang? :P

As for Anthony & me , we met yesterday & the issue was resolved . He was apologetic and thus i think we should let it end here . Give that boy a chance...

• SRC Member

Seahorse, Anthony,

What a way to wrap this up! I'm happy to see a bunch of mature brothers and sisters here.

BUT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The problem remains .... ELECTRIC SHOCK!!!

If someone can intro lobang for titanium spoke, I wouldn't mind showing this DIY step by step in this forum.

Thanks all for actively participating in this thread.

LimPC

seahorse, I suggest you start a thread on sale of titanium spokes (since you got lobang) and also include options for those who want a complete DIY set? cuz looks like you have quite a few supporters here!!! :eyebrow: *ME ME!!!* :yeah:

Second you bro... :D:D:D

• SRC Member

I used to have lobang for Ti spokes for $2. Now long time since i went to the bicycle shops, dont know whats the market rate and whether they do bring them in now. Another alternative i can sugguest is go and find Ti bolts, almost all reputatble bicycle shops have, Eg. Treknology. Maybe more expensive i dont know..

• SRC Member

OK , ok , I need an order of 32 spokes before i make an order. I will only get the

spokes , a demo at collection time if required , :P or barra can do a step by step

diy here . Will get the receipt & divide out the cost of the spokes evently....in case

of anymore disputes. Pls add your name & quantity to the list.

1. seahorse ( 1 pcs )