What pump you use for your 1.5ft/1ft nano tank?

totoro17

• 4 months later...
  • SRC Member

hi there bro totoro17,

if youre using a 1000L/hr return pump, may i suggest you try attaching a Hydor Flo or Bio Flo to your return pipe within the tank. it will gently rotate and result in a wide spread and diffused flow in a 360 degrees fashion. its been working fantastic for me.

for my 2.7ft by 1ft by 1ft display, that is, an elongated two ft tank, i run two aquabee 2000L/1 return pumps and use a further two Seio 620s within the tank, but i guess how much flow depends on your coral's needs. i think its really seldom that one gets too much flow. maybe flow that is implemented wrongly, like it is blasting straight at a coral colony or something that causes the coral to slough its tissue, but generally, the more flow the better.

when i first began reefing several years back, a small pump and i thought it was too much flow already, but after reading more and observing more succesful tanks, i realised it was actually too little. id say two 1000L/hr pumps attached to a hydor flo would give optimal flow within a one ft cube.

cheers,

ian