Keeping Lionfish

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the shrimps wld cost are $3.50/100g

usually the shrimps are quite big , comb the whole beach rd to search for the right size !!!

Joe Tackle sells milk fish but no live prawns. (opp concourse)

TopGear tackle sells shrimps at $3/100g , sometimes would have milkfish also. (79Geylang Rd , near AA)

ween them onto frozen , makes your life easier.

the shrimps wld cost are $3.50/100g

usually the shrimps are quite big , comb the whole beach rd to search for the right size !!!

Joe Tackle sells milk fish but no live prawns. (opp concourse)

TopGear tackle sells shrimps at $3/100g , sometimes would have milkfish also. (79Geylang Rd , near AA)

ween them onto frozen , makes your life easier.

Hi bro,

Can help to point me to a more exact location??? Which part of Beach Road huh?

:thanks:

do u think its possible having 4volitan 2stonefish n 2 eel in a tank its going to be a predator tank..

I think it is possible .. depending on how big is your tank .... I have 1 volitan, 3 froggies, 1 ribbon eel and a stonefish in my tank. :D

Not too sure whether will your lions eat your stonefish though when they grow too big.

Hi bro, Can help to point me to a more exact location??? Which part of Beach Road huh?

Joe tackle or the rest of the tackle shops are located OPP. concourse.

The row of shophouses. either u alight at the bus stop outside concourse & cross the overhead bridge.

Joe tackle or the rest of the tackle shops are located OPP. concourse.

The row of shophouses. either u alight at the bus stop outside concourse & cross the overhead bridge.

Tx, bro.

Have visited the 5 or 6 shops but cannot find any live shrimp .... do see quite a lot of live milk fish though, with a minimum size of at least 3 inches .... cannot feed my fish ..... too big :cry2:

Hi guys, I'm back with info on why putting your hand in hot water helps :)

The venom injected into our bloodstream is a kind of protein, so putting your hand in hot water (as hot as you can stand) would result in the protein structure becoming denatured, so you won't feel the pain anymore! :D

Tx, bro.

Have visited the 5 or 6 shops but cannot find any live shrimp .... do see quite a lot of live milk fish though, with a minimum size of at least 3 inches .... cannot feed my fish ..... too big :cry2:

tried hotspot ?

u need to comb the entire area dude, or ask ard which shops have.

If not visit the one at geylang , also can visit AA at the same time (few shops away) .

• 2 weeks later...
  • SRC Member
do u think its possible having 4volitan 2stonefish n 2 eel in a tank its going to be a predator tank..

Be careful of the frogs:) I had one that took my 9" volitans and passed on two days later due to indigestion:( So there you go, i lost both precious at one go. Stonefish is slightly more docile that the frog which is very unpredictable. Dun be fooled by its look. And by the way, thats too heavy a bioload, you dun have to feed these predators everyday, i fed mine once every three days.

• SRC Member
sad to say...my lion ambition failed to take off...

my lion up heaven riao..cos not feeding...sad sad oreally :(

:( omg sorry bro. You have to use live food to entice them to feed first. Volitans are much muach easier. But space is mandatory.

• 2 weeks later...