Mushroom

hey guys,

i just got some nice mushrooms. but some of them dropped off the rock, and they are now just lying on the sandbed. how do i attach them back to the rock? :erm:

i tried to press them down, back on to the rock but after awhile, the current will just push them off. and the mushrooms look really stressed up with some white wormy looking things coming out from the center.

any idea how to attach the mushrooms back? do i use epoxy? or superglue? and advice?? :unsure:

zoren

Use rubberband tie the mushroom to a rock and wait until it reattached. You can use a plastic cup put some coral chip or chip off rock then wait again. :peace:

Good idea! I will remember these... sure will come handy next time :D

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

thanks for the tips dnutz and Qxnviolet.

i tired using the rubber band method, i think the rubber band too tight, then the mushrooms stressed, more of the white stuff came out.

so i removed the rubber band and just placed it on the rock. then the toopid blood shrimp touched it then now its somewhere floating around on the sand bed. :blink:

sianz... :pinch:

• SRC Member

I had the same problem of the mushroom getting stressed and died when i used a rubber band. Another suggestion is to tie with string or thread...not had an opportunity to try this yet.

If we want to re-locate a mushroom, how do we frag them? Do we just lpuck them out or cut them from the LR with a sharp knife? :pirate: