Garlic juice?

• SRC Member

Hi,

This morning i threw a bunch of peeled garlic into my food processor and sqeezed out a bottle of thick concentrated garlic juice.

After soaking my formula 2 pellets in this concentrated garlic juice for half and hour, i tried feeding my fishes but dunno y they refuse to eat it. All of them eat it and immediately spit it out again...

Just wondering if i did anything wrong there? Now i dunno what to do with my garlic juice.... :huh:

• SRC Member

Thanks for the reply bro...

No lah i went to the supermarket with my mom this morning so i bought a bag of garlic loh...

Already juice out the garlic with my food processor and now got a bottle in my fridge. Dunno if the garlic juice is too hot for them or wad, all my fish spit out the garlic soaked pellets.

• SRC Member

I tried it the first time this week. I diced up a single clove of garlic. Like into 8 pieces. Mixed it with 2 pallet of frozen brine shrimps. Mixed it for like 5 minutes..the fish took them in.

I of course threw the garlic away.. today, I tried feeding them the rest of the shrimps still had garlic smell..

I guess once they are used to it, I might leave the garlic in the remaining shrimps..to give them a stronger kick...

Maybe blending it was too strong...even for some humans. :lol:

• SRC Member

Haha, you should try smell the seachem garlic guard. I nearly puked, the smell was overpowering. :P Im too lazy to dice up/blend garlic everytime. Guess i'll have to stick with either the Kent or the Seachem one. Anyone has any idea which 1 is better? The Kent or Seachem?

My Newbie Tank Thread

My Blog

All pics taken with CanoN!~

• SRC Member
Haha, you should try smell the seachem garlic guard. I nearly puked, the smell was overpowering. :P Im too lazy to dice up/blend garlic everytime. Guess i'll have to stick with either the Kent or the Seachem one. Anyone has any idea which 1 is better? The Kent or Seachem?

Price = Seachem

Performance = Kent

Garlic juice and even human grade garlic oil both work. Only reason might be the pellets. Imagine the amount of garlic solution pellets can absorb. Doubt fish will take food which tastes more like garlic than fish food.

Always something more important than fish.

http://reefbuilders.com/2012/03/08/sps-pico-reef/