monki

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:D:lol::D

I also know.

Hint: Someone with a keen interest in FURS :lol::lol::lol:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member
Pls pls show your full tank shot leh!

Here as per Bro chrisyew's request.

Please pardon the blur photo. I know my photography skill is bad,

but this camera is also not helping at all. So lousy...use macro shot liao,

still :sick:

post-34-1151684476.jpg

• SRC Member

Here is another update:

Besides the 2-polyp only sun, my other suns which i got much later

is finally opening.

Left hand side: a plate

Background: my snail disturbing my Zoo, hence all close up.

Lastly right hand side: my beach goby trying to escape from camera.

post-34-1151684756.jpg

The FTV is not too bad what... I like your Suns lor.. the 2 polyps colony is looking exceptionally healthy :)

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member
Really love the SUN! Gonna setup a SUN garden in my tank! :lol:

:off: But till now, could not catch that stupid bomber yet! :angry:

ok, awaiting to see ur sun garden. :D

The bomber you saying is that goby wif yellow face?

Is it that bad having it in the tank? A destroyer?

• SRC Member

ok, awaiting to see ur sun garden. :D

The bomber you saying is that goby wif yellow face?

Is it that bad having it in the tank? A destroyer?

It's good at maintaining my SB but tend to cover my cover too! :angry: As long as I dun get it out, I dun think I can add in any coral or clams into my tank! :(

• SRC Member

yellowhead sleeper goby, i call it a B-52 Bomber. damn bad a fish to hve in any tank. does the sand bed cleaning really fine, but sprinkles the sand all over the place. wat it does is that it scoops a mouthful of sand into its mouth, swims to the middle height of the tank and unload the sand thru its mouth. gives me a mighty headache. killed a lot of my corals that were in my ex 2 footer at home, by covering them with sand.

point is, dun get it.

• SRC Member

Here as per Bro chrisyew's request.

Please pardon the blur photo. I know my photography skill is bad,

but this camera is also not helping at all. So lousy...use macro shot liao,

still :sick:

Thanks Monki! Nice FTV too. So the top is your star polyp? From far looks purple than green hehe.

• SRC Member
yellowhead sleeper goby, i call it a B-52 Bomber. damn bad a fish to hve in any tank. does the sand bed cleaning really fine, but sprinkles the sand all over the place. wat it does is that it scoops a mouthful of sand into its mouth, swims to the middle height of the tank and unload the sand thru its mouth. gives me a mighty headache. killed a lot of my corals that were in my ex 2 footer at home, by covering them with sand.

point is, dun get it.

Tried to fish out this fellow last week but miss! Fr then onwards, it's so smart as it will avoid my fishing bait and I even tried using those plastic bottles but failed! This fellow is so damn clever!

• SRC Member
Thanks Monki! Nice FTV too. So the top is your star polyp? From far looks purple than green hehe.

Yup, that is GSP, It had been growing so much. Yah it looks purple not green cos not all had opened (cos earlier i do feeding). :)

Yup, that is GSP, It had been growing so much. Yah it looks purple not green cos not all had opened (cos earlier i do feeding). :)

Yupe... I can still remember the time when you put a small piece on top of your tank... I think the tremendous growth has to do with its positioning... being on top... getting a lot of nutrients and food from feeding :lol:

Another thing I notice about GSP... the stronger the flow, the longer the tentacles... I saw bro Happy's GSP... he placed it near his giant overflow compartment... the tentacles are so so long... it doesn't look like GSP... serious... I even asked him what the grass looking coral is? ;):lol::lol:

• 5 weeks later...

Any update sis? You seems quiet lately... planning for a bigger tank already? :lol::lol::lol:

Haha I am confident sis Monki can handle a 2ft easily... now that she has gained so much experience in reefing (and photography) :lol::lol::lol: