where and what type of sea weed to feed tangs?

chercm

• SRC Member
hi guys..

i just bought one packet of seaweed from those medical shops...

1 big round piece...cost $2.50. brand is dunno wat fire turkey brand. lol

from china one...

doesnt seems like it contains preservative.

hope my brown tang eats it tonite ;)

woot!

my brown tang eats it! :D

but i forgot to boil it 1st. it had a hard time chewing it... :(

It's still better to get those seaweeds specially made for marine fishes, twolittlefish is a good brand, with all types of seaweeds, red, purple, green, mix. I tried feeding with those seaweeds yong tau foo uses, they are too hard for the fishes to tear apart, if we were to shred for them, it will be until tomorrow. For the red bamboo, it will be best to buy 2 or 3 of them, put one into the main tank, once the tangs about to finish them, remove them and put it into the sump, make sure some bamboo is still around, if not they won't grow back. With the constant rotating, we can save a lot of $$, hee. :yeah: But of cas, if you have a lot of algae eater, then the rate that the fishes finish the algaes would be faster than the rate the algaes can grow back. I tried lots of ways to make a tang fat fat, the best way is still feeding them with algaes/seaweeds, they faten up instantly. Hahaha :D The clips pls don't get from stationery shop, they contain metal material, buy i from fish shop, almost all fish shop have it, one or maybe two clips cost around $7 to $8.

• SRC Member
I feed mine with Yong Tau Fu sea weed and all my tangs loves it. Even my sand shifter golby eats it :D

1 pack cost around $10 to $12 depending on where you buy it. 1 pack can last you at least 1 yr. Shared half the pack with sis cityofangels and still have not finish. So 1 pack might even last you 2 yrs :lol:

wow~! :bow::bow::bow:

very nice picture taken~! Ur words + the picture really convincing enuf to make me try the yong tau foo seaweed!

dancing_girl2.gifSpirit.gif