KH - 8.6

Temp - 30ºC

Ammonia - <0.25

Nitrites - <0.3

Nitrates - 15!!!

Phosphates - N/A

Calcium - 480

Magnesium - N/A

Nitrates!!! Gotto get rid of them soon... yeah another excuse to go shopping tomorrow, lol :yeah::yeah::yeah:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have not hook up the AM Phosphatfilter yet... but as long as ur pump pushes out 750l/h to 1000l/h should be fine. Remember u shouldn't use any pump stronger than 1000l/h. Good luck and do let me know the results ok? Bought some stuff from AM just now... will post an update shortly :D

was at AM just now to get my seachem reef plus and brine shrimps too.

anyway , siao liao lah , 2215 is only 620l/hr. with head loss there and everywhere , maybe 400plus litre per hour only :unsure:

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Lighting: AI hydra 52HD

Skimmer: Deltec SC 1455

Reactor: Minimax; rowaphos

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

Wave Maker: MP 40 WQD

Return pump: Eheim 1262

Chiller: Arctica 1/10 hp

A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal, but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel -- Proverbs 12:10

was at AM just now to get my seachem reef plus and brine shrimps too.

anyway , siao liao lah , 2215 is only 620l/hr. with head loss there and everywhere , maybe 400plus litre per hour only :unsure:

I think u can still use it... just need to clean the outlet (from the inside) regularly to avoid clogging... if ur tank is not too overstocked, running it lower can also ensure longer lifespan for the very expensive Antiphos... every refilling up will cost us $40+!!! So I will use a underpower pump too (most probably). Unless my Phosphat gets out of hand...

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

What do you guys think of the Aqua Medic Nitratreductor 1000?

According to Aqua Medic:

"The Nitratereductor 1000 works with a flow rate of 1 to 4 l/hr (c. 0.25 to 1 gph). In the absence of oxygen this situation promotes bacteria that metabolize nitrate. Denimar powder or Deniballs are used as an organic energy source. The Nitratereductor 1000 is a closed unit that can be integrated into filter systems, but may also be installed to stand alone under the aquarium."

I know that the 1000 might be overkill... but with the very slow flow rate... I'm worried that the Nitratreductor 400 will take very long to eliminate Nitrates.

I can hide it inside my cabinet... nice and neat!

Is this a good investment? If yes, I will get it tomorrow :heh:

post-34-1144678506.jpg

• SRC Member
2. Aqua Medic Hydrocarbonat - to be used as substrate. Got the inspiration from "The Tank of The Century" where the owner actually filled the substrate with Calcium Carbonat. According to him, it releases calcium slowly, provides pH buffing, increases KH and algaes tend not to grow on them. But must refill every 1 to 1 1/2 years. Quite expensive for a tub, so can't fill up the entire tank using it  Will sprinkle on top of my sand bed once the scaping is complete (this weekend).

Confirm !? Just dump in & let it release slowly !?

Can PM me the price for a bucket !?

Thanks!

Wa lao a .....

U eating grass this month ah !?

All the $$$ going to the tank....

All the best !!!

Confirm !? Just dump in & let it release slowly !?

Can PM me the price for a bucket !?

Thanks!

Wa lao a .....

U eating grass this month ah !?

All the $$$ going to the tank....

All the best !!!

PMed u... worst than eat grass... steal water from office... steal Nescafe and Julie biscuits from office... lol... my motto is "Now or Never". Muahaha :evil:

bro .... a deep sand bed would be a poor man's alternative to the denitrator :)

I've read a lot about the DSB method... not sure if filling up 1/5 of my tank with sand is a good idea... coz sand bed can be very unsightly (but beneficial) once they matured. Perhaps for my next tank, I will custom a tank where the cabinet will hide 6" of the tank.

For now, I will rely on German technology... yet another time... :heh:

Em... Nitrates down to 10 this morning... perhaps the problem is not as serious as it seems... will not buy the NitratReductor 1000 first, since it is not so critical at this stage... and almost forgotten that I am suppose to be in a recovery period (for at least 2 weeks... :pinch: )

Planning to transfer my Reefpack 500, Chiller, LR and some corals over to Perc90 this Saturday... big day for me... the rest of the LS will go in the next day.

So, those bros that bought/paid for my Tunzes, MH and NC can begin collecting next Monday onwards... (as promised) :)

• SRC Member

Bro Jervismun, u may wanna test yr Mg level! I'm using AM Reef salt and the Mg level is rather low. I spend a lot of $ to get additives inorder to raise the Mg! :cry2:

I'm using 2 bucket (15L) of AM Hydrocarbonat as the substrate too. So far my tank only 3 mths old, so can't really comment much but one thing for sure, my CA is very stable! ;)

U sure got deep pockets! :eyebrow: I'm oso looking at the NR1000 and may most probably get it from online store as it's much cheaper, ard 30 - 40% diff! Nice setup and very prof equipment tat u r using! Upz...... :lol:

• SRC Member
PMed u... worst than eat grass... steal water from office... steal Nescafe and Julie biscuits from office... lol... my motto is "Now or Never". Muahaha

U remind me of the time i was so broke I went to food court & ordered -

"Uncle! Chicken rice.... the rice only, dun wan chicken." My friend see me

cannot tahan, went back & bought - "Uncle, 1 packet of chicken meat, no need rice hoh." The uncle almost peng ..... :lol: But that time the hobby was collecting comics & some limited edition stuff from HK & not reef related.

:heh: Work hard & endure !!!

See lyz77 is another tried & tested case. Hm, quite tempted. :P

Ps: Transfer chiller !? From nano to 3ft tank !? What is your capacity!?

• SRC Member
U remind me of the time i was so broke I went to food court & ordered -

"Uncle! Chicken rice.... the rice only, dun wan chicken." My friend see me

cannot tahan, went back & bought - "Uncle, 1 packet of chicken meat, no need rice hoh." The uncle almost peng ..... :lol:

whahahah serious!!!

i oso had my time lidat, but that time i was playing with comps and tech stuff... wah that one was damn xiong sia... everything you get is there the price is like getting an AT minimum... :off::off::off:

anyway bro, think you getting too much stuff already. wait a while, let the tank settle down. give your other half your wallet, ask her only give you 20 bucks to buy food everyday. for the nxt 3 months. might do ya some good... muahahhaa

• SRC Member

S$20/- a day for food !?

Too much lah....

Ang pan 6 pcs - S$1.50 (eat 3 days)

coffee shop lunch - yong tau hoo S$2.50

food court dinner eco. rice - S$3.00

Dun waste $ on drinks. Bring ur own....

More healthy also. See, 1 day S$6 nia.

U give him S$20/- then remaining he use to buy coral how !?

:off: Sorry bro, a bit TC liao.

Ok, will not divert from your nice nice tank !!! B)

Haha... u guys are so so helpful... giving me moral support... since I'm not the only one experiencing the feeling of being "broke", lol. No need $20 a day lah... so pitiful... yeah, I'll probably spend it on a new Sun Coral or something :yeah::yeah::yeah:

I will slow down a bit for sure as I can't think of much to buy now... except for... blah blah blah ;)

Bro Maxstar81, my chiller is Teco RA240... I think barely sufficient, so have to really manage my MH duration properly. May also consider external ventilation. My total volume is around 75g actually, not 90g. The Percula "90" is indicative of its length in cm, lol... the Germans... one kind :P

I will test my Magnesium level tonight :heh:

Water parameters as of this evening:

Sg - 1.022

pH - 8.3

KH - 8.6

Temp - 29ºC

Ammonia - <0.25

Nitrites - <0.3

Nitrates - 10

Phosphates - 0.1

Calcium - 480 (haven't add in Aqua Medic Hydrocarbonat)

Magnesium - 1230

Magnesium level is not too low... I am using Aqua Medic Reef Salt (box packaging) solely.

• SRC Member

Not sure if it's a batch issue with my AM Reef salt. :erm: I order two bucket of the AM reefsalt previously and the Mg is rather low! As for Ca, not tat high, always maintain ard 400-420ppm! :eyebrow:

Not sure if it's a batch issue with my AM Reef salt. :erm: I order two bucket of the AM reefsalt previously and the Mg is rather low! As for Ca, not tat high, always maintain ard 400-420ppm! :eyebrow:

Prob just your batch... but I've been getting the same negative feedbacks from some other bros too... but my readings can be trusted coz I use purely Aqua Medic Reefsalt... tested using salifert and u can trust my colour judgement.

Perhaps they improved it with new formulae or something... :)

Update...

Added 250g of Carbolit into my new tank to start clearing up the water. Also added a piece of Polyfilter to remove deritrus coz there are far too many floating particles in the main tank.

Here's a closer look at my internal sump:

A - Overflow combs, adjusted to allow consistent flow into the sump

B - Turboflotor, working at 2000l/h

C - The water is then channeled into compartment C from the bottom. Here, the water will filter through a folded piece of Polyfilter covering the entire compartment. After that, the water will have to move through a sock bag filled with 250g of Carbolit. The sock bag is half laid onto compartment D, so that the water will flow on the bag to reach D.

D - The water will then evenly distributed on the trickle plate, trickling down 2cm onto the Bactoballs.

E - The water then reaches compartment E from the bottom. Here, more Bactoballs are in action... a 1200l/h Sicce circulation pump returns the water back into the main tank via a split outlet with duckbeak. Extra room is filled with rocks collected from a bro's sump tank. Osmolator sensor will be placed here and freshwater will be top-up in this compartment too.

F - A dry compartment to allow cables and wires to run down to the cabinet below. Currently stuck with sponge to avoid accidental water droplets entering the cabinet below.

G - Individual compartment connected to the main tank via 6 inlet/outlet grates. Will utilize this area as a refugium, keeping large amount of Chaetomorpha and a thick substrate plus LR. Will use small pump for minor circulation. PL light (splash proof) can be hung down from the back to provide evenly distributed lighting throughout the 2ft height.

There might still be changes as I may slowly replace the Bactoballs. I still need to move my Sicce 2500l/h pump into either compartment D or G to provide flow to the chiller. Water from chiller will go direct to the tank for better efficiency.

Any comments? :thanks:

post-34-1144769512.jpg

• SRC Member

Was looking at the AM Riff1000 and asking myself, after spending so much $, time and effort, will it be better to get this unit in the very 1st place which caters for almost everything needed! ;)

riff1000.jpg

Was looking at the AM Riff1000 and asking myself, after spending so much $, time and effort, will it be better to get this unit in the very 1st place which caters for almost everything needed! ;)

riff1000.jpg

I think u got a wonderful product there... my next tank perhaps!!! lol

Amazing looking... I must say. Don't think there are a lot of bros out there using this kinda setup, so hard to find reviews.