jervismun

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Indeed Mr deep pocket :lol::lol:

Nope... bro Shootsimon... I got a new nickname now... Mr. Bargain Hunter or Mr. Antique Collector :lol::lol::lol: coz I also bought a 2-year old piece of Tunze Turbelle Classic 2002 from the kind bro... err... it is indeed a bit antique to me :(

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

Also bought a bag of Deniballs from him... been looking for BALLS for the past 2 months :pinch: Sorry bro Lyz77, the 20+ pieces just sufficient for me to fill up my NR1000... will help you keep a look out for more BALLS :unsure:

post-34-1150563039.jpg

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

Guys... I finally got a chance to see True Blue Zoos... was at Kino browsing a book by J. Sprung... there I spotted a small colony of very intense dark blue zoos (around the skirting) with neon green center... it's awesome :wub: If only I can get a polyp or two for Zoos Garden :(

Btw... while waiting for my quest for True Blue Zoos... here's a pix of my Red Rubies and Red Man-eater merging into a colony (soon) :)

Sorry bout the algae infested floor bed... the recent Ammonia spike is giving me more troubles than expected :(

post-34-1150564751.jpg

maybe we can try to frag those nice Zoos and swop... I think I will gain more :lol:

Well... I don't mind... your Eagle Eyes look rather delicious to me :lol::lol::lol:

• SRC Member

Nope... bro Shootsimon... I got a new nickname now... Mr. Bargain Hunter or Mr. Antique Collector :lol::lol::lol: coz I also bought a 2-year old piece of Tunze Turbelle Classic 2002 from the kind bro... err... it is indeed a bit antique to me :(

Shd address you as Mr. Gold Mine!!! :lol::lol::lol:

• SRC Member
Also bought a bag of Deniballs from him... been looking for BALLS for the past 2 months :pinch: Sorry bro Lyz77, the 20+ pieces just sufficient for me to fill up my NR1000... will help you keep a look out for more BALLS :unsure:

Thks bro! Btw, it seems like u may need to remove some of the bacto-ball in order to accomdate the deniball!

• SRC Member

bro ! i'll need ur equipment advice soon .. im upgrading real soon .. haha .. and i wanna get FR CR denitrator etc, but i dont exactly know what are they for and like what brands are affordable .. pls help ! :lol:

bro ! i'll need ur equipment advice soon .. im upgrading real soon .. haha .. and i wanna get FR CR denitrator etc, but i dont exactly know what are they for and like what brands are affordable .. pls help ! :lol:

Bro good to hear that you are planning for an upgrading... progress is always good and exciting :lol: But I don't know if I can help much in FR and CR coz I do not have a CR to start with and my Aqua Medic Phosphatfiler (although function as a FR) is not entirely a FR... well no harm just discussing :lol:

Thks bro! Btw, it seems like u may need to remove some of the bacto-ball in order to accomdate the deniball!

Nope... I believe the 20+ Deniballs will fit in nicely into the NR1000. So the BALLS will fill up tight-tight the entire chamber :lol: Ok gotto do it today... gonna be a bit messy lor... opening the chamber and all <_< Luckily... I heard the Deniballs usually can last for a year!

How's ur NR1000 coming along? You can always test the water dripping out of your NR1000 to see its progress... but usually take at least 2 weeks to show signs of life :heh:

Boy... whatever happening inside the NR1000 surely ain't pretty... :sick::sick::sick: And the sight of half consumed Deniballs is kinda scary and :sick::sick::sick: Now I'm convinced my Anaerobic bacterias are doing a hell of a job inside the NR1000 :shock:

the deniballs is consumed within a few days?

Nope I had them in my NR1000 for almost 2 months now... a few of the Deniballs are already half consumed :sick:

• SRC Member

Nope... I believe the 20+ Deniballs will fit in nicely into the NR1000. So the BALLS will fill up tight-tight the entire chamber :lol: Ok gotto do it today... gonna be a bit messy lor... opening the chamber and all <_< Luckily... I heard the Deniballs usually can last for a year!

How's ur NR1000 coming along? You can always test the water dripping out of your NR1000 to see its progress... but usually take at least 2 weeks to show signs of life :heh:

Hvn't chk the water outlet on the Nr1000. Will wait under next week to test it out! Can't wait to get my hand on our new toy next week! :P

what are those eggs on the clam? clam eggs? lol

I have no idea... all I know is... it is growing and spreading... :unsure:

post-34-1150633742.jpg

Another success... this time... White Bo Choy... bought it at Cold Storage :lol::lol::lol:

post-34-1150633932.jpg

• SRC Member

Nope I had them in my NR1000 for almost 2 months now... a few of the Deniballs are already half consumed :sick:

wow, so fast? Mine NR400 running for > 6months and the deniballs consume maybe 10-20%.

Afew other reefers running the NR1000 has their deniballs running for more than a year.

Its very fast that the deniballs been consume.

wow, so fast? Mine NR400 running for > 6months and the deniballs consume maybe 10-20%.

Afew other reefers running the NR1000 has their deniballs running for more than a year.

Its very fast that the deniballs been consume.

I think one of the reasons is I only manage to find 10+ Deniballs at the beginning... 10+ for a NR1000 is way too little... that could be the reason why they consumed 3 to 4 balls so rapidly. Perhaps the bacterias I've cultured are ferocious eaters :lol::lol::lol:

But now, after adding this morning's... around 40 pieces... perfect!

jervismun can i know how many hours u on your light?

WHITE 8 hours / BLUE 11 hours

My Turboflotor... working furiously this morning... have not seen so much foam before :sick::sick::sick: The plastic outlet on the left is water returning from the NR1000.

post-34-1150644631.jpg

Oh my... look at the growth... I think pretty soon I gotto find it a new owner :(

post-34-1150646935.jpg