Jervis' Percula 90

jervismun

Not all bad news... :heh: My 2 Purple Firefish decided not to fight anymore... sorta signed a "cease fire agreement"... but dunno for how long lah :P Can you see the extra layer of "something" near its gills? I suspect it's a parasite, it changes colour from translucent white to brown. :unsure: Was there since day 1.

post-34-1146373050.jpg

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes... the one that refuses to open is yours :lol: I can take care of it for you for a while... but if you change your mind, I can always keep it :)

Bro Colinsoon, your Zoos finally opened (a bit)... all 3 frags from bro Gorillaliu88 are the same, so I won't be needing ur winning frag... so when you think you wanna drop by to collect your prized Zoos? :D

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

Just dosed my bi-weekly dosing of Kent Marine Iodine, Essential Elements, Strontium and Molybdenum. Hopefully the Birdsnest will feed on them... my Calcium is still at a high level of almost 500, so no dosing required, in fact I am trying to bring it back down to 450!

A view of a slightly modified scaping...

post-34-1146374772.jpg

A closer look at my ailing Pink Birdsnest... the white branches were not as severe yesterday... got a feeling the SPS is deteriorating fast... the Tunze Mini (reduced power) is actually quite near it (on the right), blowing at an angle :nc:

sps is nice but required high quality water condition plus very good flow .

LPS on the other hand will suffer if they have too much flow . decided to go into LPS and softies as it is eaiser on my side .

jia you for your first SPS

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Lighting: AI hydra 52HD

Skimmer: Deltec SC 1455

Reactor: Minimax; rowaphos

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

Wave Maker: MP 40 WQD

Return pump: Eheim 1262

Chiller: Arctica 1/10 hp

A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal, but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel -- Proverbs 12:10

sps is nice but required high quality water condition plus very good flow .

LPS on the other hand will suffer if they have too much flow . decided to go into LPS and softies as it is eaiser on my side .

jia you for your first SPS

I've learned my lesson... must apologize to all reefers out there for acquiring a nice piece of SPS and letting it die in my "unprepared" tank :bow::bow::bow: Should've leave it in the tank for somebody more worthy :bow::bow::bow:

I've decided to go LPS for Perc90.

BEAUTY (aka Dream World)

post-34-1146377349.jpg

BEAST (aka Reality :cry2: )

FYI my mop also made in Germany one hor ;)

post-34-1146377421.jpg

Adopting a Lyretail from bro Colinsoon... the fish is on its way... :)

Caught in action... can't imagine life without Cleaner Shrimps :lol:

post-34-1146384463.jpg

• SRC Member

hi bro,

sad to hear that your sps is not doing very well. don;t worry. they are like that. tendency to develop RTN are more likely for things like hysterix. Once the signs develop there is usually little or nothing that one can do to reverse it. However if your sps still has some pink bits left, why not frag it and leave it at different places in your tank. its still a hit or miss thing but IMO worth trying.

jon

hi bro,

sad to hear that your sps is not doing very well. don;t worry. they are like that. tendency to develop RTN are more likely for things like hysterix. Once the signs develop there is usually little or nothing that one can do to reverse it. However if your sps still has some pink bits left, why not frag it and leave it at different places in your tank. its still a hit or miss thing but IMO worth trying.

jon

Thanks bro... agree... there's nothing much I can do to reverse it... I just have to watch it turn white :erm: This will serve as a reminder to me the next time I buy something I am not capable of keeping :(

Lyretail Anthias from bro Colinsoon... got a feeling this is a male specimen :D Very active fish with very big appetite... just fed the tank with Mysis w/ Garlic dip.

post-34-1146407323.jpg

• SRC Member

ITS SOOO PRETTY!!!!!!

AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! HOW COME MY TANK SOO SMALL!!!!

oh oh, looking at the comparison, could it be morphing? from female to male...?

get a few more lyretails and complete the harem!

ITS SOOO PRETTY!!!!!!

AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! HOW COME MY TANK SOO SMALL!!!!

oh oh, looking at the comparison, could it be morphing? from female to male...?

get a few more lyretails and complete the harem!

Yeah... I think this guy is morphing... gonna get a male Lyretail soon. As described by you, the fins, spines and tails are so pretty... the curves are nice! :thanks: bro! Only one thing... this fish is semi-aggresive... bothering my Purple Firefish a bit :P

Talking about curves... who has a prettier back? ;)

post-34-1146408684.jpg

Em... the tank is getting really crowded :(

post-34-1146408971.jpg

My vote goes to chevron tang! Super nice tang! :)

Thanks sis!!! Em... maybe I should start a voting thread!!! :lol: Let me see if I have enough pix of LS' BACKS!!!

• SRC Member

Yes, i think its an excellent idea to start a vote as to which of the fishes have the nicest butt! it will provide other reefers a mean as to identify which is the fish to get. excellent idea!

(ok now?)

remember to include my mei ren yu #2 in ok...

Hey! Can u remove the pix pls? You are diluting my thread!!! ;)

That's better... hehe! I afraid she will get all the attention away from my fishies...

As requested... when will u collect ur Zoos? Which one? The one that refuses to see the light :D

post-34-1146411211.jpg

Thanks bro... I will look into the 3 things u mentioned :thanks: