Jervis' Percula 90

jervismun

Hehe okok i rephrase tat.. all the best and good luck, with yr equipments im sure yr prata will live in the best conditions and recuperate faster than u can imagine

That's more like it :lol::lol::lol: Aiya... looking at the specimen... actually can tell lah... like looking at a cancer patient... :(

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

LoL...maybe you can try seperate it into another smaller tank, it isn't looking too good and why risk it fouling up your pristine water.... :)

Hehe... I do not have a smaller tank... will look into one soon... but surely get frowned upon lor (as if 1 tank is not doing enough damage)... and my tank is no where prestine (although that is what Reef-resh™ promises)... just experienced a disastrous high Sg yesterday ;)

My protein skimmer is running full force, so shouldn't have much problem taking care of a slowly decaying Prata... if still got hope, it will remain in there :P

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

The Aqua Medic Nitratreductor 1000 is finally working!!! :yeah::yeah::yeah:

NO3 in main tank: 10

Water collected from the outlet of the denitrator... a little bit of "bad-egg" smell though :sick:

This is good news... but with a flow of only 1 gallon/hour... how much time does it take to efficiently reduce my tank's NO3? ;)

Good news: It works!!!

Bad news: It will take 75 hours to run through the entire tank... I think I need 2 denitrators running at the same time :(

post-34-1147270609.jpg

So confirmed your is a good new and mine is nightmare...PUB will like my unit soon...:(

Hehe... bro although changing water will help... do not overdo it. Don't think water change alone can get rid of the problem. Everytime you change 20% of the water, by right should only remove 20% of your NO3 content (that is if you top up saltwater with 0 NO3).

For your case... I hate to suggest this... you may need to rely on chemicals to bring NO3 down to acceptable level. Then seriously consider a Denitrator.

Note: I tried Seachem De*Nitrate and it doesn't work for me :lol: Hey I still have about 450ml... if you want, I can pass to you... but don't expect any result :P:P:P I gotten rid of it once I bought my Aqua Medic Nitratreductor 1000 :)

Hehe... bro although changing water will help... do not overdo it. Don't think water change alone can get rid of the problem. Everytime you change 20% of the water, by right should only remove 20% of your NO3 content (that is if you top up saltwater with 0 NO3).

For your case... I hate to suggest this... you may need to rely on chemicals to bring NO3 down to acceptable level. Then seriously consider a Denitrator.

Note: I tried Seachem De*Nitrate and it doesn't work for me :lol: Hey I still have about 450ml... if you want, I can pass to you... but don't expect any result :P:P:P I gotten rid of it once I bought my Aqua Medic Nitratreductor 1000 :)

AZ-NO3 is a sure way to lower nitrate fast and efficient .

however ensure high kH and efficient skimmer .

underdose is better than overdose .

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Lighting: AI hydra 52HD

Skimmer: Deltec SC 1455

Reactor: Minimax; rowaphos

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

Wave Maker: MP 40 WQD

Return pump: Eheim 1262

Chiller: Arctica 1/10 hp

A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal, but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel -- Proverbs 12:10

Brother sorry to said more skeleton showing on ur prata. I dun think it will make it. But prata will not foul up water badlyif u leave it there.

I know... it's worse than yesterday :pinch:

You guys think I should remove it tomorrow? Or let it rot? I am quite convinced the Prata is gone liao <_< Let this be a very expensive lesson in choosing/buying Prata... and the worst part is... there will be many more lessons to come :nc:

If you are sure its not going to make it, i guess you should take it out.

Oh this is gonna hurt so bad... painful... really painful :pinch::pinch::pinch:

Update before I :snore: The Elegance is still not fully opened yet, revealing more of the green center at times. I target fed its tentacles using Reefroid a while ago... and the tentacles reacted to my feeding :lol:

post-34-1147282981.jpg

The Orange Plate is taking a lot longer... probably due to too much shifting around... it's quite hard to place it in a suitable location as it requires sand bed and low current... that space already occupied by my dying Prata <_<

Can you see the tiny tentacles coming out of the plate? The side facing the camera is getting higher current, therefore no tentacles ;)

post-34-1147283104.jpg

• SRC Member

hmm bro. its still quite possible the prata will make it, cos there was this once my cynarina was quite bad too. something lidat. everything exposed. but if you are willing, i can offer to take it over. see can do anything bout it.

hmm bro. its still quite possible the prata will make it, cos there was this once my cynarina was quite bad too. something lidat. everything exposed. but if you are willing, i can offer to take it over. see can do anything bout it.

Ok I will not remove it yet... thanks bro Colinsoon for offering to help, but I believe the travelling and intro to new tank will further stress it... let's cross out fingers :)

At least my Zoos are still looking quite healthy :lol:

post-34-1147316632.jpg

Been dosing the Polyp Lab System Reef-resh™ for 9 days now...

Time for an update. Let's see if their claims have been fulfilled:

• Greatly enhanced colouration of corals

Jervis: Emm... colours are not too bad... quite noticable actually, especially my Zoos.

• Increased growth rates of corals

Jervis: Still too early I guess... but a few of my corals are opening very well... but some dying :(

• Marked improvement in water quality

Jervis: Parameters been pretty stable, except my extra high Sg (which I fixed 2 days ago)

• Decreased nuisance algae outbreaks

Jervis: This is very noticable... yupe, a lot lesser algae especially on glass panels. Quite amazing actually since now I run both MH.

• Improved fish health

Jervis: My latest fatality was Moorish Idol and Pink Skunk... maybe the 1.027 Sg killed them. But the others are very healthy looking... prob the Reef-resh™ helped a lot of my fishes recovered from the White Spots last week - no way to tell really.

• Decreased parasite outbreaks

Jervis: This is quite evident... after the intro of the Moorish Idol, I was so damn worried day and night... surprisingly, the White Spots does not spread to other fishes and fishes do look quite healthy.

Conclusion... still too early to tell... as all the above claims are very hard to measure... very subjective and relative to other factors... only time can tell :lol:

I will continue to strive for optimum water conditions... only then we can see the true power of this product.

post-34-1147318558.jpg

Hrmz, how much would a set like that cost? :unsure:

PMed you... but the only set back for this product (besides the steep cost) is commitment. Must dose everyday (3 drops using pipet)... 1 bottle before photosynthesis, 3 bottles after photosynthesis. Must also stay refrigerated all the time. So if I go for a long holiday... :pinch::pinch::pinch:

Lights are on... here's a shot of my Yuma Highlands... most of them are still :snore::snore::snore:

post-34-1147322014.jpg