Jervis' Percula 90

jervismun

I was led to very interesting thread this morning... just wanna share with you guys... hopefully I can also learn more about this hobby and start to get rid of some of my equipments... to be frank with you... I would very much like to get rid of my chiller... I hate (and love) this piece of equipment the day I bought it :lol:

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/index.php?...opic=49272&st=0

Enjoy the reading (and a bit of flaming) :lol: But to me... this is healthy :)

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

dude. . ur tank is really impressive.

Loan me 10k. . and i can build a tank just like yours. . :)

thinking of restarting my tank, but dun have the energy and time to substain it.

well. . yours is perfect though. . just think u sld upgrade to a eight footer. . for ur viewing pleasure.

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

6X2.5X2.5 FT Tank : 4x2x2 ft sump : 2x1x2 ft refugim

Skimmer: Deltec AP851

Calcium Reactor:

Lightings: Aqualight T5 Retrofit, 150 watt MH X2

Chiller: Hailea HC-500A model w/ Aquabee 2000

Ozonizer: Hailea HLO-300 Digital ozonizer

Wavemaker: Tunze 6080, Tunze 6060

Return Pumps: Aquabee 5000 x2

Other equipments: Aquabee 2000, Quietone 1200, 5L Co2 Cylinder w/ Dupla regulator

American Marine Wireless Thermometer

Reefing is a dedication, not a competition.

dude. . ur tank is really impressive.

Loan me 10k. . and i can build a tank just like yours. . :)

thinking of restarting my tank, but dun have the energy and time to substain it.

well. . yours is perfect though. . just think u sld upgrade to a eight footer. . for ur viewing pleasure.

Bro thanks for the compliment... nah my setup haven't reach the 5-digit mark yet... a new larger tank already in the drawing board... probably next year or something :lol:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

Bro thanks for the compliment... nah my setup haven't reach the 5-digit mark yet... a new larger tank already in the drawing board... probably next year or something :lol:

lol. . yea i already saw it coming. . there's no way u will stop at this tank.

well. . . maybe you can leak us some details regarding ur new project. . . :)

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

Calcium Reactor:

Other equipments: Aquabee 2000, Quietone 1200, 5L Co2 Cylinder w/ Dupla regulator

Nothing concrete yet... but it will be quite grand in terms of scale and equipments line-up... :lol: Depending on how much my company makes last year, this year and next :yeah::yeah::yeah:

I try not to rush into it coz I am still learning everyday... perhaps I can do a better tank design when I reach to a more expert level :)

To be frank with you... I didn't keep count how much I spent on this tank... perhaps I should keep counting :shock:

Its better if you dun count how much you spend on ur tank. . . it will surprise you.

and i dun mean a pleasant surprise. . :D

p.s. i did count how much i spend. . about 12k in total. . excluding resale items.

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

Calcium Reactor:

Its better if you dun count how much you spend on ur tank. . . it will surprise you.

True true... I am not particular strong in maths to start with... so just let my passion take control :lol::lol::lol:

ur xenia is reallly BLOOMING ......

Thanks... I guess I was just lucky to picked a healthy specimen and chosen the right placement for it... I wonder how they will do under my new T5 lighting though :unsure:

For those of you interested in hanging light fixture... this T5 lightset is extremely ###### and superb workmanship from the installer :lol:

post-34-1149936880.jpg

Whoa ! :yeah:

The way they fix the lights are really sleek.

I know... I'm quite amazed by it also... once hung... never look back :lol::lol::lol:

Here's how the hanging mechanism looks like... this little stainless steel gadget allows the light to be adjusted... up down... angle tilting too... :P

post-34-1149943715.jpg

Wa.... looks so pro ..... From where ? AM ?

Hehe... you already knew the answer B)

Wanna share with you guys one of my weekly maintenance... toping up of water into the Tunze air tight container (7 US gal) using filtered water (not RO/DI) plus Seachem Prime. I will also dose in 1 1/2 tea spoon of Calcium Hydroxide (aka Limewater aka Kalkwasser) into the Tunze Calcium Dispenser. So when the Osmolator top up the water... the water will pass through the Kalkwasser and into my main tank. A low-tech solution but works quite well for me (so far) in keeping Calcium level 420 to 450 constantly.

My tank tops up 5 to 7 US gal of freshwater weekly... I really can't imagine not having this great piece of equipment :lol:

post-34-1149945004.jpg

Here's a pix of my Orange Plate... I've not seen so many tentacles coming out from its skeleton before... must be the new ATI... now can someone tell me if this is a good sign or a bad sign? :thanks:

post-34-1149945524.jpg

My Dispar Anthias are eating... I can't be sure all of the 10 specimens but almost all of them are taking the frozen Brine Shrimps :lol::lol::lol:

My DA hanging around the unidentified plate-looking coral... the GSP is looking nice and healthy :)

post-34-1149950847.jpg

Emm... discovered something today... can any kind bro help ID the colony of dark pink (unopened) polyp-looking thingy growing on the based of my Xenia... are they Star Polyps?

post-34-1149957256.jpg

haha bro,i think ur orange plate wants food ;)

Ahh... ok... I feed it once a week using chopped market prawn... and tomorrow is feeding day :lol:

Have not update my ZOOS GARDEN for a while now... I've moved some of my more precious Zoos away from the cluster to avoid cross breeding :lol::lol::lol:

post-34-1149959234.jpg

Yeah :yeah::yeah::yeah: TUNZE 4 - Costa Rico 2 :yeah::yeah::yeah:

your clown.... strange..... still the same

Yupe to a point my Zoos don't care anymore... they are too used to something brushing against them :lol::lol::lol: