Jervis' Percula 90

jervismun

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I sold my current MH 14000ºK. The new fixture comes with 2 10000ºK. Em... based on my budget... which of the MH u suggest I go for? (they are all along the same price range)

1. BLV 14000ºK

2. Coralvue 20000ºK

3. XDE 15000ºK

As for the T5:

1. D-D Actinic Plus T5 Tube

2. D-D Aquablue Plus T5 Tube

3. T5 Coralvue Actinic-03 Lamp (half price compared to D-D)

Thanks in advance

i would suggest BLV 14000k

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Lighting: AI hydra 52HD

Skimmer: Deltec SC 1455

Reactor: Minimax; rowaphos

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

Wave Maker: MP 40 WQD

Return pump: Eheim 1262

Chiller: Arctica 1/10 hp

A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal, but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel -- Proverbs 12:10

i male blue eye, 7 females.. small ones prefably... gonna really look great... chromis, they eat too much. you will regret..

Thanks bro Soon... will follow ur advice... now how much r they gonna cost me? lol

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

haiz . just u are the unlucky one that ATI has no stock. aquamarine dun have ?

settled for D-D deltec aquablue plus . order from RD and you will not regret. anyway the tubes provided by the light set is not that good .aqualux if i am not mistaken

Bro Hammy u always give good advice... so I will follow...

I will buy from RD now for the following:

1. 2 x D-D Aquablue plus T5

2. 2 x BLV 14000ºK

WTS: 2 Unused 10000ºK MH bulbs!!! Get 2 Aqualux T5 atinic blue 3ft FOC!!!

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

Whay dont you try just T5 lights ATI have one powermodul called 10x39watt

ATI T5 currently out of stock... we do encounter problems like that... according to Aqua Medic distributor, shipments from Europe get delayed occasionally... so I guess the situation will be different over in Sweden :)

You are using Coralvue MH right? How do you find it?

urmz, each one like 12, but 5 get 1 free.. think you will be getting 12 in the end.. haha.. at henry's....

Wah 12 Blue-eyes Anthias swimming in my new tank... that's a very grand plan... beyond my wildest dreams, lol. Ok, once my water parameters are ok, I will pay Henry a visit :lol:

Thks bro Terryz...

Edited by jervismun

Bought the MH and T5 bulbs from RDepot... also picked up an Aqualine Phosphate Filter. Will fill it half with activated carbon, so 50/50. I need to figure out the 4-stage RO/DI tomorrow... will take a while... coz I am really not good at plumbing works :pinch:

Thanks for bro Hammy's recommendation... I hope the lighting effect will be as convincing as the packaging's "Made in Germany" seal appears to be :look: Can only tell in 2 days time, coz they will only deliver my Solite Type 3 this Wednesday. Will do a before and after photo review :)

post-34-1144065053.jpg

Blue eye anthias... not chromis..

Blue-eye Chromis is quite predictable... Blue-Green Anthias?!? Now that's something, lol. :ph34r:

Bro... Update me on the performance of the Aqualine Phosphate Filter, can? Interested in getting it...

This one? hehe... a new day... a new gadget... how wonderful :) Just got home, so will only open the box later tonight... I will only run it on my new tank, so bro u might need to wait for a couple of days ;)

I wonder where it's made... not stated on the box...

post-34-1144065383.jpg

I would go for Blue-eyes Anthias too .... :lol:

Buy lah, buy lah. :P

Maybe we can buy together coz 12 Blue-eye Anthias are a little too much bio-load for a new tank (in a single introduction). Perhaps u wanna take some? Have to wait a while though... need to make sure the new tank is ready before adding additional bio-load... and Anthias are real bio generators :pinch:

I've opened up the Aqua Medic Phosphatfilter box... and I find pieces of plastics?!? lol

Seriously, I think this product is very well priced (for slightly higher than $120), still dunno where it was made... but the built quality is good. Comes fully loaded with Antiphos. Will get another piece to fill with Carbolit.

According to LFS, we can actually fill 50% Carbolit and 50% Antiphos into the same container. But u will end up having to change them more frequently = higher maintenance... and potential wastage as they might not wear off at the same frequency.

For those interested in getting 2 pieces, advice I got from LFS is to buy 2 Phosphatfilters, buy a pack of Carbolit. As the price of Antiphos is much higher than Carbolit. The extra Antiphos can keep for next round... wicked ;)

hello

In my percula 90 i just runt the hole internsump without the spong and trickelfilter

I think this dosent work good and probebly make som nitrate in the spong/trickelfilter

I haved made one own wavebox and it realy nice to see the wave at the top and the corals waves. But i took it away becouse it take alots of place and it´s realy ugly to have this box. I just want a clean tank and no seen of pumps etc

:bow:

Guys... after learning that bro Wrang made a lot of mods to his Percula 90 along the way... sorta keeps me thinking... is the system design flawed?!? Err... this is definitely not a good way to start since the tank has not even been delivered to me yet! :pinch: But that's the price to pay for not following the majority :unsure:

So, before the tank arrives... I'm thinking of making good use of the tank back compartments and turn in around to enhance its performance... Will be posting some plans in the coming hours... please do help me decide on something u think works best for the longer term.

Important note: I am not a fickle-minded person... but when the owner of The Tank of the Month in Sweden says something... I really should give it serious thoughts... :heh:

Just got a call... something is on its way... :peace:

definately looking forward to see ur tank.

u getting the aquamoonlight ?

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Lighting: AI hydra 52HD

Skimmer: Deltec SC 1455

Reactor: Minimax; rowaphos

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

Wave Maker: MP 40 WQD

Return pump: Eheim 1262

Chiller: Arctica 1/10 hp

A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal, but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel -- Proverbs 12:10

definately looking forward to see ur tank.

u getting the aquamoonlight ?

Was too busy talking about other things... forgot to ask the LFS for AM Aquamoonlight price... :pinch: Yes will get it for sure... but not this month... if u can wait, we can try to get bulk discount next month :eyebrow:

Yes!!! My Solite Type 3 has arrived!!!

2 x 150W MH + 2 x 39W T5

Personally, I think the light fixture is quite well built (as first glance)... let's take a closer look at it... shall we? :heh:

The centre portion of the fixture (MH line) consists of slot-in/moveable pieces of anodized aluminium sheets and decently thick protective glass panels.

post-34-1144077565.jpg

The single large computer fan is a very nice feature... with filter some more, lol... the only set back is the sound omitted by the fan... I guess something's gotto take, something's gotto give :erm:

Really appreciate the thick glass panels... the T5s get acrylic sheets instead... not bad for a China made product :eyebrow:

post-34-1144077724.jpg

At least not the entire fixture is made in China... :rolleyes: The wirings are quite neatly done too with cable ties here and there to keep things organized.

post-34-1144077866.jpg