Jervis' Percula 90

jervismun

Wah....you just strike 4D or TOTO? Haha, which LFS was so "impolite" about your request. :snore:

No lah... not the LFS but the ppl that hangs around there... I got a feeling they all are on the waiting list too... so dun want me to outbid them... but whether "kena" Toto or not... $1000 for a prized item is acceptable (IMO)... especially after "kena" the impolite remarks... what the heck... I'm gonna outbid all of them and make them wait for another 2 months!!! :D

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• SRC Member

No lah... not the LFS but the ppl that hangs around there... I got a feeling they all are on the waiting list too... so dun want me to outbid them... but whether "kena" Toto or not... $1000 for a prized item is acceptable (IMO)... especially after "kena" the impolite remarks... what the heck... I'm gonna outbid all of them and make them wait for another 2 months!!! :D

Erm, i see i see. Ah well, its a huge investment i'll never be able to afford. All the best in your B.T. search!~ :)

My Newbie Tank Thread

My Blog

All pics taken with CanoN!~

And I'm gonna get a pair!!! :pinch: Ok lah... enough releasing of "air"... now back to reality... perhaps a $5 Brown Tang is not too bad a substitute lah... can buy 20!!! :P

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member
And I'm gonna get a pair!!!  :pinch:  Ok lah... enough releasing of "air"... now back to reality... perhaps a $5 Brown Tang is not too bad a substitute lah... can buy 20!!!  :P

Yes yes 20 Blown Tang... wonder whether each LS (If avg of 1 in) will still have 48 sq. in of water surface for them to swim around (indicated in "the Encyclopedia of Aquarium Fish" by DICK MILLS & consultant editor JOHN TULLOCK <_<

p/s: As per the book, length of fish don't include the caudal fin

Yes yes 20 Blown Tang... wonder whether each LS (If avg of 1 in) will still have 48 sq. in of water surface for them to swim around (indicated in "the Encyclopedia of Aquarium Fish" by DICK MILLS & consultant editor JOHN TULLOCK <_<

Hehe that's the ideal ratio... but most of the reefers here do not follow that ratio or else u will end up either having a swimming pool for keeping Tangs and Angels or we will all keep to nano fishes... that's why we rely on good equipments... equipments are there to push the ratio to the limit... good equipments = can handle higher bioload = keep more LS = happier LFS ;)

Bro Altantis, if u go with the ratio by the book, how many inches of fish u can keep in ur tank? After the calculation, tell me if u r willing to follow that guideline? :upsidedown:

• SRC Member

Em... I will drop by Henry's to talk about the Black Tang... yalor... they even joke about me not being able to afford it... damn it... $1000 is nothing to me :yeah::blink::unsure::angry::)B):P:D They don't know the real me... yet!

wah lau. very rude LFS. haha.. either that or they see you no up, or they very good frens with you already.. hahaa

• SRC Member

everything go by book, the minimum tank size for all of us should be at least 1000 L lor.

oh ya, talking bout tank size, if i am not mistakened, your tank capacity has just about maxed out. 230L if i am not mistakened... cannot add any more fishes already ok... must listen to "the Encyclopedia of Aquarium Fish" by DICK MILLS & consultant editor JOHN TULLOCK.

Water parameters as of this afternoon:

Sg - 1.023

pH - 8.1

KH - 7.4

Alkalinity - 2.63

Temp - 27ºC to 28ºC

Ammonia - <0.25

Nitrites - <0.3

Nitrates - 10

Phosphates - 0.03

Calcium - >500

Magnesium - 1140

Lucky I bought a bottle of (see pix below) yesterday... dosed 40ml into the tank... will do another HK/Alk & pH tests in an hour time.

Phosphate is under control!!! Long live AM Antiphos!!! Algaes are also currently under control.

Nitrate... well, will give the AM Nitratreductor 1000 a few more days to kick-in. I think 10 is quite an acceptable level... but nothing is better than 0, right? :lol:

Any harm having high Calcium? Does high calcium affect pH and KH?

post-34-1145683959.jpg

• SRC Member
everything go by book, the minimum tank size for all of us should be at least 1000 L lor.

oh ya, talking bout tank size, if i am not mistakened, your tank capacity has just about maxed out. 230L if i am not mistakened... cannot add any more fishes already ok... must listen to "the Encyclopedia of Aquarium Fish" by DICK MILLS & consultant editor JOHN TULLOCK.

:(

Hahaha... bro Colinsoon is just pulling ur legs... everyone of us "kena" that guidelines before... by dunno what author... probably running his tank without any skimmer or filtration system... dun worry about the ratio... but must always rely on good/reliable equipments. Not necessarily must get branded/German stuff... if you can find a China product that is effective, reasonable priced, good and reliable (we are talking about 5 years minimum) also can :D

Finally!!! Leopard Wrasse caught-in-the-act!!! Frozen Mysis dipped with Seachem Garlic Guard.

post-34-1145688070.jpg

• SRC Member
Water parameters as of this afternoon:

Sg - 1.023

pH - 8.1

KH - 7.4

Alkalinity - 2.63

Temp - 27ºC to 28ºC

Ammonia - <0.25

Nitrites - <0.3

Nitrates - 10

Phosphates - 0.03

Calcium - >500

Magnesium - 1140

Lucky I bought a bottle of (see pix below) yesterday... dosed 40ml into the tank... will do another HK/Alk & pH tests in an hour time.

Phosphate is under control!!! Long live AM Antiphos!!! Algaes are also currently under control.

Nitrate... well, will give the AM Nitratreductor 1000 a few more days to kick-in. I think 10 is quite an acceptable level... but nothing is better than 0, right? :lol:

Any harm having high Calcium? Does high calcium affect pH and KH?

SO u kena the new tank syndrom already ah? :D

Haha... not all tanks will "kena" new tank syndrome... if u r referring to algae bloom, yes I had it last few days, lasted for 3 days... other than that everything is under control. Anyway... most of my stuff including water is from the old Nano tank... so nothing much is new except the tank and the bactoballs.

I've been so committed and invested so much... if "kena" must "hit the wall" already :pinch:

Update!!! But the sad thing is... 1 of the 2 Purple Firefish I introduced yesterday was not looking too good this afternoon... now missing-in-action :( Possibly the first casualty in Perc90.

post-34-1145725727.jpg

Has anyone seen an albino mushroom before? This specimen grown out of the bottom (doesn't get much light) and it's been growing bigger and bigger. It looks slightly translucent.

post-34-1145725941.jpg

Yeah... sad but unavoidable... but with 2 powerful skimmers running... I don't think a dead fish will affect my water chemistry much :nc: I'm still trying to look for it... both in tank and outside :pinch:

• SRC Member

relax dude. 1 fish wun do any harm to your tank. it doesnt even do any harm to my girl's 4G pico... the only sure way to kill your tank is having a dead linka inside your tank... so if you linka goes missing for a few days, its time to either look for it or start dumping in lots of nitrifying bacteria... haha... trust me. wo shi guo lai ren... for my 30G system, the linka killed 8 of my fishes...

• SRC Member

oh, contrary to popular belief, my cleaner shrimps are alive even after nearly everything else dropped dead onto the SB. the only way i know of being able to kill off my shrimps is in the event of a long power blackout, and O2 runs low in the tank...

What's a Linka btw? Perhaps I should stay away from it... :nuke:

• SRC Member

hahahahah bro! dun bother staying away from it. you already got an orange one in the tank. your avatar....?

hahaa... the one dat died and brought nearly everyone along is a blue linka... i juz dun haf any affinities with starfishes. SAND SHIFTERS CAN ALSO DIE!

Ic... was about to get another one actually... a blue one coz they are so pretty... both my Orange "Linka" and Sand Sifting been with me for more than a month now :lol: