Jervis' Percula 90

jervismun

The female yellow stripe almost 3" and the male white stripe only 2" B)

Mine about the same size... is their bite painful? Or ticklish? <_<

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Got bitten once by my clown last time,the feeling was sort of like a "pinch :nc: "

Emm.... WTS Paired Maroon with FOC Anemone... anyone? :shock::shock::shock:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member
Bitten by ur clown? How big was ur specimen? Is it painful?

I'm in Branding :)

The bite can bleed but still ok. Its just normal reaction as she is defending her territory. Just be careful. My bicolor blenny too will attack me when my hands are near her. But not as painful as the clown.

Don't sell it too fast lah. You might get the less aggressive female. Just observe her for a while.

I feel that Maroon clowns looks nicer compare to true percs. Its nice having them around. Missed mine already.

You still in the office? Me in advertising. Still rushing some F@#$%^ ads now.

The bite can bleed but still ok. Its just normal reaction as she is defending her territory. Just be careful. My bicolor blenny too will attack me when my hands are near her. But not as painful as the clown.

Don't sell it too fast lah. You might get the less aggressive female. Just observe her for a while.

I feel that Maroon clowns looks nicer compare to true percs. Its nice having them around. Missed mine already.

You still in the office? Me in advertising. Still rushing some F@#$%^ ads now.

Nah... at home already. I don't work late :eyebrow:

Now I know why my smaller Purple Firefish is always hiding... the larger one is terrorizing it :cry: Quite severe chasing... oh my reef is falling apart :upsidedown:

NO3 is still maintained at 10... I guess it is considered ok since I've been adding bioloads for the past few days... the NR1000 been running for 5 days already. Feeding Denimar every 2 days.

Hi there,

I have been following your threads on your new tank and I understand that you are using the Tunze calcium dispenser 5074. I recalled that you mentioned that you have kalkwasser leaking back from the dispenser back into your top-up container. Wondering if you have resolved this problem? If yes, how? I also realized the same problem with my calcium dispenser.

Regards

Jerry

Specs

Return pump: 2 x Eheim 1260 (with 1 pumped to chiller before returning to main)
Chiller: Hailea HC-500A (1/2 hp)
Skimmer: Deltec SC2060
Lightings: 8 x 24W ATI Sunpower T5 fixture
Wavemakers: Vortech MP40, MP10, Tunze nanostream 6045
Additives: TLF C-balance (2 parts Ca and Alk) via Kamoer 3 channel dosing pump; Polyp-lab Reef Resh; FM color elements

I didn't do any fixing... just play with the non-return valve a bit... no more leaking now. But sometimes I accidently drop some Calcium Hydroxide powder onto the water when I refill ( 1 teaspoon weekly)

maybe get a younger specimen? can see the joy of it growing up...

Agree... I am looking for a 2 1/2" to 3" PT.

Need help... u think I should remove this from my tank already?

post-34-1146059945.jpg

Poor lil' anemone... "kena" tortured like crazy :cry2:

post-34-1146060539.jpg

• SRC Member

sponges are one of the most difficult to keep. they will start to shrink and finally die off. try to revive it. put it in very high flow areas. they dun really need light. increase the amount of phytoplankton in the tank. sponges filter massive amounts of water each day. increased phyto in the tank might help. wanted to try, but no time to get myself another sponge.. perhaps you can try it. place it in a high flow area. the higher the merrier. den observe for a week or 2. if still no improvements, then its time...

• SRC Member
Poor lil' anemone... "kena" tortured like crazy :cry2:

Yeh. Look like after being molested, hiding at one dark corner. :P

You not busy now... <_<

• SRC Member
sponges are one of the most difficult to keep. they will start to shrink and finally die off. try to revive it. put it in very high flow areas. they dun really need light. increase the amount of phytoplankton in the tank. sponges filter massive amounts of water each day. increased phyto in the tank might help. wanted to try, but no time to get myself another sponge.. perhaps you can try it. place it in a high flow area. the higher the merrier. den observe for a week or 2. if still no improvements, then its time...

Oh... I must watch out also. I got a small piece yellowish in color. :erm:

I am already putting it in a very high flow area, in front of my Reefpack outlet... ok will feed DT's now :D Thanks bro for the advice. If can revive... both my sponge and me owe u a big :bow:

• SRC Member

hahaa.. cos i was really really depressed bout losing my red sponge. i really really liked it! and my BT lovesss to sleep inside the branches... haizz..... read a helluva lot on it. you need more food for it to filter... i think thats why a lot of sponges are found it richer waters... i dunno. juz my guess..

i needa go diving. i need money to go diving. i need to work to get money to go diving. does bro jervismun wanna hire a dude who screwed up his paper today to work to get money to go for diving?

haha ignore me. i am quite stressed out.

hahaa.. cos i was really really depressed bout losing my red sponge. i really really liked it! and my BT lovesss to sleep inside the branches... haizz..... read a helluva lot on it. you need more food for it to filter... i think thats why a lot of sponges are found it richer waters... i dunno. juz my guess..

i needa go diving. i need money to go diving. i need to work to get money to go diving. does bro jervismun wanna hire a dude who screwed up his paper today to work to get money to go for diving?

haha ignore me. i am quite stressed out.

Emm... oh yeah forgot to ask u bout ur papers... 2 more to go right? Hehehe... stress is good... chat more lah, that will help u release stress... :angel:

Revealing... 2 new fishies to the neighbourhood :D

post-34-1146063062.jpg

• SRC Member

talking bout cutting things on bro atlantis's thread, i juz remembered bout my own feathers.. hahaa. left 3 now. dunno where the rest went after i plucked out their tubes accidentally.. muahaha..

anyway i took this foto 2 min ago. juz for you, bro jervis. water change is soo amazing.

post-34-1146063623.jpg

Have u ever tried shooting ur Suns under pure actinic? Dunno how they look like in a bunch :D And I dun understand how u manage to not change water in 5 months :unsure: