Mini Ocean World

little bull

FTS. :rolleyes:

i alwsys thought pistol is reef safe . how could it eat ur zoa ?

looking at ur FTS ... i must say u have one of the most beautiful 2 feet tank i ever saw . really time to upgrade haha.

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Lighting: AI hydra 52HD

Skimmer: Deltec SC 1455

Reactor: Minimax; rowaphos

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

Wave Maker: MP 40 WQD

Return pump: Eheim 1262

Chiller: Arctica 1/10 hp

A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal, but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel -- Proverbs 12:10

• Replies 836
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member
Amazing :blink::blink: Like Garang Guni :whistle:

Any solution to get rid of Mr. Pistol? I got Hawk, should be able to do the job right?

he should help but wrasse could help too, if I'm not wrong :pinch:

A person, himself can be his own Lawyer, but he can never be his own Judge ........

• SRC Member

looking at ur FTS ... i must say u have one of the most beautiful 2 feet tank i ever saw . really time to upgrade haha.

Your ric garden make me jealous too :whistle

You really got 5 pcs of SPS that day ya, well done man, do update us how is the progress.

I still saw Irene there got 1 pinky pocci today, wanna to kept it as yours 6th?

Your ric garden make me jealous too :whistle

You really got 5 pcs of SPS that day ya, well done man, do update us how is the progress.

I still saw Irene there got 1 pinky pocci today, wanna to kept it as yours 6th?

really meh ... wa laoz .. yesterday went to i-aquarium but it is closed !

now lazy to move liao ... kekeke. :yeah:

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Lighting: AI hydra 52HD

Skimmer: Deltec SC 1455

Reactor: Minimax; rowaphos

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

Wave Maker: MP 40 WQD

Return pump: Eheim 1262

Chiller: Arctica 1/10 hp

A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal, but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel -- Proverbs 12:10

• SRC Member

really meh ... wa laoz .. yesterday went to i-aquarium but it is closed !

now lazy to move liao ... kekeke. :yeah:

They ususally closed on Monday. Never mind, Still got Tues, wed, Thurs... You can slow jog to there... but....think the distance from your house got at least 20km kuah :blink::blink:

• SRC Member

They ususally closed on Monday. Never mind, Still got Tues, wed, Thurs... You can slow jog to there... but....think the distance from your house got at least 20km kuah :blink::blink:

wah bro hammy ham ham..... :P

pro.... i cycle there you jog there :bow::bow:

• SRC Member

a two spot hog, six- line wrasse can help u solve the prob... both stay small size and like to explore caves for food.. known to eat shrimps as well... coz hawk usually hunt outside the rockscape.. but six line wrasse = satan. so maybe the hog ... or if u can fine another small sized wrasse oso can..

• SRC Member
:yeah: wah wah... so nice all those colors! ur tank is like a role model for mine .. haha ... only got 1 color in my tank lor.. GREEN.. only colors are from my fishies.. now my fish fully stocked can concentrate on corals liao.. hopefully one day can achieve some thing like yours... haha :lol: btw... can PM the price of blastos and where u get them ?

• SRC Member
Bought a Scott brand Super Glue Gel (come in 2 tubes per box) only cost me $4.00 :lol: Cheap lol, if compare to the other brand which usually $3 plus.

No yet try out. Will update after I got the chance to so. :peace:

Used it and the result is disappointing :( It can not hold the frag for long, the frags would detached it from the LR after few days. Still, the Loctile still the best :eyebrow:

Hi,

I am new here both to forum and reef keeping. I spent the entire night reading through the 34 pages of replies in your thread and I must say I really like your tank. I have bought a 1.5ft tank, a fan, a Jebao Cannister, a thermometer and 5 bags of NSW on impulse last night. Need some help and guide in setting up my tank.

1) The first problem I face is the positioning of the tank. I could find any stand for the glass tank I bought last night and is wondering whether you have any idea where I can find a cheap and good one?

2) Thereafter I know I should be getting some sand for the tank, is there any particular type that I should get?

3) Where can I get good lighting for tanks? What sort of light would I need if I want to create a tank that looks as good as yours? HOT5? 4 tubes?

How much have you spend on your aquarium by now? On tight budget since I'm not working.

Would appreciate your help greatly.

• SRC Member

Hi moi_dar,

First of all, I am great that you like my tank and really impress your patient and energy for reading through all replies in my thread. :peace:

Here are my reply (in Blue) :rolleyes:

I am new here both to forum and reef keeping. I spent the entire night reading through the 34 pages of replies in your thread and I must say I really like your tank. I have bought a 1.5ft tank, a fan, a Jebao Cannister, a thermometer and 5 bags of NSW on impulse last night. Need some help and guide in setting up my tank.

I also started my hobby with 1.5ft tank :) But I run with hang-on filter. I am worry that your cannister would produced too much flow into your tank. (Hopefully not). Did you get skimmer? :blink::upsidedown:

1) The first problem I face is the positioning of the tank. I could find any stand for the glass tank I bought last night and is wondering whether you have any idea where I can find a cheap and good one?

I used to use only the coffee table for 1.5ft tank. I got mine from furniture shop. You can also custom make it but the price maybe more $$ than your tank. Study table also not bad idea :angel: Try not to get those metal or iron rack, all can turn rusty pretty fast.

2) Thereafter I know I should be getting some sand for the tank, is there any particular type that I should get?

Many reefers mentioned that bare base tank is easy to maintain. I feel that way too. But with sand looked more nature. So, I choose to have No.0 type of sand. very fine and smooth. AquaMArine @ Jln Kayu do sell those live sand, heard it help to faster the water cycle for new tank. You can check it out at their thread too. Besides sand, you still need some Live Rock to stack your corals and make cave ofr fishes ;)

3) Where can I get good lighting for tanks? What sort of light would I need if I want to create a tank that looks as good as yours? HOT5? 4 tubes?

1.5ft lighting are diff. to find. Most of the good one are made for 2ft at least. :( You can only go for those clip on light or FL light (those U shape tube). T5 does not have 1.5ft one.. so far, didn't see any. <_<

You will faced a lot of restriction with 1.5ft tank. As I mentioned, most of the equip. are custom made for 2ft onward. If you are not sure whether you will stick to this hobby, then, you can try it with this tank. if not, then,...... change to bigger tank :heh:

Besides getting all the equips, you still need to know how to kick start the water cycling process. I have some reading material if you staying nearby. Other way, is to read those new tank set up (under members' show tank). some do update with all nicey pic. and better info :yeah:

How much have you spend on your aquarium by now? On tight budget since I'm not working.

I am getting poorer, sigh :cry2: Hehee... depend on individual lar.. I am too impulsive sometime.....

• SRC Member
Hi Sis Bull, any new updates ? :pinch: Corals ? Fishes ? X'mas coming and did u get urself a X'mas present ? :P

Sigh... received chocolate, sweets, cookies.. etc. but no corals or zoas :(:(

Saw your tank update, swee ler :yeah::yeah: When wanna sell your corals and zoa, PM me hor... :bow: