Jacobus's tank!

jacobus

• SRC Member

well .. dunno if i can update often ... but here goes!

this is my tank after it semi crashed.. only LR and a few inverts and fish .

overall view

457.jpg

huh!? why u take my photo ??

568e.jpg

the resident circus act

DSC_0211.jpg

i love u my dear

DSC_0210.jpg

oi ! peeping tom ah !

DSC_0243.jpg

my fave !!

DSC_0226.jpg

this guy is a tyrant..

DSC_0231.jpg

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like the story telling... keep it up!!! Sure your tank cen recover to its former glory. Can share with us full tank pix before semi-crash?

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member

sadly ..... no pics !!!!!! omg ... i regret not borrowing the cam earlier ... all those memories gone .... oh well ... up date on the past few days trip to pasir ris farm.. bought a leather ... a ballet dancer polyp... red zoos that dun look red now ... a blue sea fan and a red sun ... more details and pics later tonight !

• SRC Member

omg .. tiny bt got sick !

sickbt1lt.jpg

but luckily .. thanks to all u guys at SRC .. i found out what to do .. did a FW dip .. and now its back in the betta box..

thanks to bro patrick and bro colin for taking ur time to teach this noob.. lol..

now here it is .. stressed but otherwise .. ok .. hopefully nothing more will happen .. will keep it in the box for another few more hours before letting into the tank..

stressedbutok7gk.jpg

and here is the progress of the suncoral .. if im sucessfull with this one .. more will follow ! haha ...

suncoral47gd.jpg

any advice from my fellow reefers on the sun ? btw all comments are welcome ..

FW is fresh water .. good news is the TBT (tiny blue tang) is doing well.. but my sun coral isnt opening yet ... day 2 so far ... should i do daily feedings ?

You can entice it with some frozen brine shrimp or mysis. Just pour on it a bit... they will then open up. Once they open, I usually use a syringe to feed 1 shrimp to 1 polyp at a time. It's fascinating to see how sticky their tentacles are :)

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member

well ... the sun only wants to open when i feed them .. arent they supposed to open all the time ? or do i have to slowly feed daily so that it'll eventually open ?

btw .. i was feeding the coral when i noticed that my TBT was getting bullied by my O.clown pair.... dunno why the stupid TBT keep going near the anemone oso... now got a few marks on the side of its body .. so irritated... my pretty tang ... haiz .. first itch .. now this ... caught it ( tricked it with a plastic bottle ) and released it further away from the clowns ... now its hanging around tt area... but doesnt seem to have an appetite... ###### the food in then spitting it out ... will the marks on its side heal ? now i start to see a few spots on it body again ... sigh ... totally bummed about this man...

• SRC Member

suns dun open 24/7, unless you talking bout the piece that i have in my tank now, got lights open, no lights also open, happy not happy also open... not that i am complaining... muahahaha

suns are corals that are found on the roofs of caves under the sea, meaning there is no light, so lighting not an issue. and i discovered that they will open around 1 am, till morning, and when my lights come on at 7+++ everyone (with the exception of the crazy one) will close, and hardly open unless i feed frozen brine, mysis or bloodworms.

dun worry bout them not opening. check them out at night, around 3am. most prob you will see something like that....

post-34-1145055097.jpg

• SRC Member

You can entice it with some frozen brine shrimp or mysis. Just pour on it a bit... they will then open up. Once they open, I usually use a syringe to feed 1 shrimp to 1 polyp at a time. It's fascinating to see how sticky their tentacles are :)

Wow, Jerismun you are so commited. Well done :bow: Suncorals need to be target fed as they don't depend on ligths to make food. This is the shortfall as too much feeding may compromise the water quality.

You may need a good skimmer, water change, GAC and anti-PO4 media ;)

Wow, Jerismun you are so commited. Well done :bow: Suncorals need to be target fed as they don't depend on ligths to make food. This is the shortfall as too much feeding may compromise the water quality.

You may need a good skimmer, water change, GAC and anti-PO4 media ;)

I usually feed 1 polyp 1 to 2 mysis... every 2 days. Sufficient? Of course, they can also benefit from floating phytos and zoos on alternate days. What's GAC?

• SRC Member

i came home today ... and i found my randall's fins ripped... so sad .. will the fins grow back ... as for the clown pair ... my friend has adopted them already .. any advice for the tang and goby ? any place to get randall's cheaper ?

bro colin... your suns damm nice man .. gonna get more soon ... sad day man ..

• SRC Member
I usually feed 1 polyp 1 to 2 mysis... every 2 days. Sufficient? Of course, they can also benefit from floating phytos and zoos on alternate days. What's GAC?

I used to take them out (in such a way that they are submerged in seawater all the time and not exposed to air) in a container and I dumped 3-4 cubes of brine or mysis shrimps with cyclopeeze into it and stir periodically to ensure all polyps have a heavy meal. You should see new polyps growing when they are well fed.

However, after some times, I got lazy and from then on, I stopped keeping suncorals.

Unless the tank has lots of zooplanktons and they flow past it, the chance of it capturing zooplankton may not be sufficient.

GAC is granular activated carbon ;)

Let's not dilute Jacobus thread and instead continue in your tank thread :D

• SRC Member
haha, juz showing off my crazy suns...

nice suns..but is the current a bit too strong on them???

Henry Tan

Sembawang

3x1.5x1.5 2.5x1x1.5

LS

1xfire clown/ 1xyellow boxer

1xpercular/ 1xcoral beauty

1xboxer/ 2xfire shrimps

1xcoral beauty/ 2xfalse clowns

2xhawk fish/ 1xane crab

1xyellow tail damsel/ 2xcleaners

3xturbo snails

2xhermits