Restarting of Nakazoru's Tank

nakazoru

What's the best temperature for LPS and Pratas? My setting is at 27ºC to 28ºC. Em... ur Brown Prata seems quite pale (white)... I hope it's just the lighting :nc:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member
What's the best temperature for LPS and Pratas? My setting is at 27ºC to 28ºC. Em... ur Brown Prata seems quite pale (white)... I hope it's just the lighting :nc:

Aiya;

The optimal temp is 26 deg for all corals, since I'm on the high end....

But I will say 26 deg is where all corals will do fine.

Another that is not well, blasto....

Yet to feed it yet.

The rest that are fine:

1. Goniopora

2. Zoo

3. Starburst

4. Yumas

5. Discomas

6. clam

7. frogspawn

8. the rest lah.

post-34-1147026714.jpg

Equipment:

30G Corner Tank with 10G Sump, 2 x 24W artinic T5, 1 x 24W 10K, 1x 24W 20K, 3" Grade 0 sand & Live rocks, Activated Carbon, Bio-home, 2 x Seio M620, Hailea 1/2HP Chiller, Redsea Pro Skimmer

Live Stock:

Turbo Snail x 1, Green Mandarin Dragonet X 2, Blue Tang X 2, True percular x 2, 1 x Algae Bleenie, Clarke clown x 2

Reef:

1 x 2" Blue maxima, Red/Brown/Purple Mushroom (Discosoma), Pink Ricordea yuma, A little colony Brown/Green common Zoanthus, Red/Pink/Green US Zoanthus, Eagle-eye Zoathus, 14 Branch Goniopora Pandoraensis, 1 Starburst Polyps, 3 + 2 Branch Frogspawn, 4 Blasto, palythoa, Cheato

RIPs (Since June 2005):

1. Sabae clown (KO by Clarke clown) 2. 1 branch melted frogspawn 4 branch 3. Golden maxima (Ripe the base off rock by me) 4. Algae Bleenie x 2 (Starvation) 5. Blue Maxima x 1, 2 x Maxima, 1 x frogspawn, rics (Overtemp...)

Old 30G Corner Tank.

Restarted 30G Corner Tank.

Aiya;

The optimal temp is 26 deg for all corals, since I'm on the high end....

But I will say 26 deg is where all corals will do fine.

Another that is not well, blasto....

Yet to feed it yet.

The rest that are fine:

1. Goniopora

2. Zoo

3. Starburst

4. Yumas

5. Discomas

6. clam

7. frogspawn

8. the rest lah.

Em... maybe I should set my chiller to 1ºC lower... since I am investing quite a bit on corals nowadays... the Goniopora I bought today refuse to open leh... what can be the problem? Is it true they need strong light and medium to strong current?

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member
Em... maybe I should set my chiller to 1ºC lower... since I am investing quite a bit on corals nowadays... the Goniopora I bought today refuse to open leh... what can be the problem? Is it true they need strong light and medium to strong current?

Ist day will not open lah... ;)

Give it a while. You tank should not need to adjust too much for giono, jus leave it alone and feed phyto will do, once it is accustomed then it opens.

Anyway they dunn need prestine water to florish...

Equipment:

30G Corner Tank with 10G Sump, 2 x 24W artinic T5, 1 x 24W 10K, 1x 24W 20K, 3" Grade 0 sand & Live rocks, Activated Carbon, Bio-home, 2 x Seio M620, Hailea 1/2HP Chiller, Redsea Pro Skimmer

Live Stock:

Turbo Snail x 1, Green Mandarin Dragonet X 2, Blue Tang X 2, True percular x 2, 1 x Algae Bleenie, Clarke clown x 2

Reef:

1 x 2" Blue maxima, Red/Brown/Purple Mushroom (Discosoma), Pink Ricordea yuma, A little colony Brown/Green common Zoanthus, Red/Pink/Green US Zoanthus, Eagle-eye Zoathus, 14 Branch Goniopora Pandoraensis, 1 Starburst Polyps, 3 + 2 Branch Frogspawn, 4 Blasto, palythoa, Cheato

RIPs (Since June 2005):

1. Sabae clown (KO by Clarke clown) 2. 1 branch melted frogspawn 4 branch 3. Golden maxima (Ripe the base off rock by me) 4. Algae Bleenie x 2 (Starvation) 5. Blue Maxima x 1, 2 x Maxima, 1 x frogspawn, rics (Overtemp...)

Old 30G Corner Tank.

• SRC Member
heyz dude

where did u get the light fitting for the sump ?

The lighting for sump using 1 from phillips cool day light where any H/W store will sell. The reflector I bought a used one from SL square, modify a little to fit the lights.

Equipment:

Live Stock:

Reef:

RIPs (Since June 2005):

Old 30G Corner Tank.

Ist day will not open lah... ;)

Give it a while. You tank should not need to adjust too much for giono, jus leave it alone and feed phyto will do, once it is accustomed then it opens.

Anyway they dunn need prestine water to florish...

But confirm strong light and medium to strong current? Liveaquaria.com doesn't have Green Gonio's information, just the Red Gonio. I guess they are the same :P

The lighting for sump using 1 from phillips cool day light where any H/W store will sell. The reflector I bought a used one from SL square, modify a little to fit the lights.

It's amazing how you can DIY/mod everything :bow::bow::bow:

• SRC Member

Sad to hear bout the clam and pratas man.

Other than that the tank looks great leh.

U manage to get a shot of the mandarine yet !?

So now the chiller how? Any way to ventiliate

the cabinet? Maybe drill some holes & add a fan?

Oh dear... more drilling will weaken the structure... do plan carefully bro. I'm sure you will find a way... luckily you are not using MH, or else Fry Prata!!! Ok... it's not funny <_< I lowered my chiller temperature to 26ºC to 27ºC, thanks to your advice :) My LPS will be very grateful to you :bow:

• SRC Member

Updatez...

Tank view. See the two seio M620 :D

They are on timer to provide alternating current to my main tank. :rolleyes:

So I have left current - 2400LPH, right current - 2400LPH, full current - 4800LPH, no current - 1100LPH from return pump, 24/7... :evil:

A cheap way to avoid an expensive flow controller... :angel:

post-34-1147710398.jpg

Equipment:

Live Stock:

Reef:

RIPs (Since June 2005):

Old 30G Corner Tank.

Not bad at all... :lol: Your water looks very cloudy leh...

• SRC Member
Not bad at all... :lol: Your water looks very cloudy leh...

Haha Bro jervismun;

I just stir up the sand bed... :D Before I go oversea.

Thanks Bro Altantis;

The trunking seems like I gona do it for u at a later time... My work schedule will be full till end of June. :blink: Dun even can watch World cup Germany in Singapore with any of my buddies... :ph34r:

Okay, now the elusive mandarine Dragonet of my tank. Bought it for 2 months liao at reborn, since my wife like it. Quite skinny then, now fat pig. Guess I got really alot of pods. How I wish they are ipod... :angel:

post-34-1147711314.jpg

Equipment:

Live Stock:

Reef:

RIPs (Since June 2005):

Old 30G Corner Tank.

• SRC Member
Thanks Bro Altantis;

The trunking seems like I gona do it for u at a later time... My work schedule will be full till end of June. :blink: Dun even can watch World cup Germany in Singapore with any of my buddies... :ph34r:

No problem... but by then I think you may faint cos I may have more things running :P

Appreciate your offer at least.

Very healthy indeed... my Spotted Mandarin feed on pellets too :yeah: Have you ever seen them sleeping on the sand bed... very fun to look at, slighly buried their body, you only see the top part of the fish, looks like very flat and skinny :lol: and motionless :rolleyes:

• SRC Member
Very healthy indeed... my Spotted Mandarin feed on pellets too :yeah: Have you ever seen them sleeping on the sand bed... very fun to look at, slighly buried their body, you only see the top part of the fish, looks like very flat and skinny :lol: and motionless :rolleyes:

My mandarin like I say is elusive, always take cover behind the LR. I did not feed any pellets as only my blue tang and algae bleenie in main tank. All eats rabbit food. :D

One pix for the tang.

post-34-1147712062.jpg

Equipment:

Live Stock:

Reef:

RIPs (Since June 2005):

Old 30G Corner Tank.

So cute... I already have 1 in my tank now... if I am to add another similar size specimen, you think they will fight? Do they school? Emm... a nice piece of Zoos in the backdrop... bro all ur Zoos are doing extremely well in my tank, some developed better colours... must be the Reef-resh I've been dosing :lol:

• SRC Member
So cute... I already have 1 in my tank now... if I am to add another similar size specimen, you think they will fight? Do they school? Emm... a nice piece of Zoos in the backdrop... bro all ur Zoos are doing extremely well in my tank, some developed better colours... must be the Reef-resh I've been dosing :lol:

Blue Tangs will fight, but not normally fatal. Zoo color depends on the lights more and of course my temp also high. Still working one it.

Equipment:

Live Stock:

Reef:

RIPs (Since June 2005):

Old 30G Corner Tank.

• SRC Member

nakazoru,

Wa, nice shots of the elusive mandarin.

What do you mean by your tangs eating

rabbit food !? :huh:

My blue tang died cos it doen't eat red bamboo

& hate mysis. It only ate brine shrimps & only a

little bit. Got really skinny then up lorry. Lasted

a couple of mths only.... :(

• SRC Member
nakazoru,

Wa, nice shots of the elusive mandarin.

What do you mean by your tangs eating

rabbit food !? :huh:

My blue tang died cos it doen't eat red bamboo

& hate mysis. It only ate brine shrimps & only a

little bit. Got really skinny then up lorry. Lasted

a couple of mths only.... :(

Yo Yo;

Blue tang don't eat red bamboo. Their diet are primarily vegetarian thus my term "Rabbit food".

I feed the following now.

1. Omega veggie food dose with garlic. Boost their appetit, once eat like pigs, their last a looooong time.

2. Japanese seaweed, they love it tooooo.

3. My tank red algae. They spend 12 hrs and finish it...

Equipment:

Live Stock:

Reef:

RIPs (Since June 2005):

Old 30G Corner Tank.

• 1 month later...
  • SRC Member

Been running a exhaust with the iceprobe for 1 month, did not have the expected performance that I wanted. Although it did not heat up the tank now but did not reach my expected 26deg.

Guess 40G is simply too much for the iceprobe to achieve a 26deg.

post-34-1151674252.jpg

Equipment:

Live Stock:

Reef:

RIPs (Since June 2005):

Old 30G Corner Tank.

• SRC Member

My answer to 26deg.....

New purchase.... new model Hailea HC500A 1/2HP..... :D China made titanium coil... at a fraction of the price compare to Europe ones.... Mitsubishi compressor...

Spend extensive research at those Hong Kong/China forum... found that most are using the old model. Every body recommended Hailea compare Resun.

Now it is time to try it out. I bought this unit at Aquatic. Shipped to my house before I come home from China. Good services, I must say.

Will write a review when I set it up. Promise to chill til 26deg in 1 hr.... for my size.

Those who are interested why I bought the 1/2HP... Because with a higher HP, it will kick-in less and chill faster thus resulting in more electrically efficient chiller. Another reason is also that I will not have to buy another chiller when I upgrade next year. :angel: Already planning...

post-34-1151674870.jpg

Equipment:

Live Stock:

Reef:

RIPs (Since June 2005):

Old 30G Corner Tank.

Wah... review please :)