• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

woohoo!!

well .. its a gd start :)

soon you shall be hooked and may get bigger heli :)

Hi CKS,

Ervine and I were just talking about you on PM. Maybe next time we can organize a reefer's heli flying session and you can teach us a trick or 2. though mine's a totally different league from your helicopter. :D Yup, good start for me to polish up. May upgrade in future.

Hey Ervine, I've seen those 4 inch remote controlled subs before. Can't remember the place. Would be cool to put one in the tank to retrieve things from unreachable spots huh? :yeah:

"Save a reef, grow your own"

• SRC Member
Hey Ervine, I've seen those 4 inch remote controlled subs before. Can't remember the place. Would be cool to put one in the tank to retrieve things from unreachable spots huh? :yeah:

think i saw it in the hobby shop at marina sq.

Too many hobby......too little money!

• SRC Member

Hi CKS,

Ervine and I were just talking about you on PM. Maybe next time we can organize a reefer's heli flying session and you can teach us a trick or 2. though mine's a totally different league from your helicopter. :D Yup, good start for me to polish up. May upgrade in future.

sure :)

have taken training skid off last month .. am able to fly circuits now

but not 3D yet.. should be able to help within my scope.

Hey Ervine,

Just in case you want a fast charger(15 mins) for 8.4v batts. I am selling mine for $70. Bought at $80 a month ago. No use for it now that my hughes is dead.

• SRC Member
yeaps already read... now trying to fly with the FMS simulator but i can't get it to calibrate... grumble...

And it's a real pain to wait for the batteries to charge!!

what do u mean by cant get it to calibrate?

more specific?

• SRC Member
Hey Ervine,

Just in case you want a fast charger(15 mins) for 8.4v batts. I am selling mine for $70. Bought at $80 a month ago. No use for it now that my hughes is dead.

that charges what kind of batteries bro?

CKS: I used FMS + PPjoy, but when I do the mapping/calibration the blue bars don't react as they should, sometimes reacting, sometime's dont...

• SRC Member

Hi people..I have a Honeybee II. Been practising hard to hover. I find Dr Radd Rotary Flight School has a good tutorial on fyling elect helis.

Anyway I am keen to meet up with you guys and practise hovering. ANychance to meet up?

• SRC Member

Mellow is arranging rite? heh

how abt stating where u guys stay?

and i shall start...

CKS: Yishun

Ervine, whats ur PPjoy settings like?

Im using serial protocol "FMS PIC 19200 baud (0xFF sync)"

Here r my settings for FMS with (AIL and ELE set to Rev on the TX)

rudder 4

elevator 2 INV

aileron 1 INV

throttle 3 INV

tail 4

nick 2 INV

roll 1 INV

pitch 3 INV

I do have a huges300 too :eyebrow:

haha. I stay near outram. Yup, how about the rest? I'm not free for this whole month leh. Need to work night shifts. Sigh....

Ervine: it charges 7.2v and 8.4v ni-cad batts

• SRC Member

and i shall start...

rudder 4

elevator 2 INV

aileron 1 INV

throttle 3 INV

tail 4

nick 2 INV

roll 1 INV

pitch 3 INV

EXCELLENT!!! IT WORKS!!! GREAT!!

Just the taking off part is a bit fake, it goes up super smooth... whereas my bird goes up really unstable, just taking off is like fighting a tug of war with it...

• SRC Member

well yea.. there isnt really much option with free simulator

for other sim .. i'll reduce the gyro gain, double the time factor and add some wind condition to have that relistic feel!

and i shall start...

rudder 4

elevator 2 INV

aileron 1 INV

throttle 3 INV

tail 4

nick 2 INV

roll 1 INV

pitch 3 INV

Hi CKS,

Can I ask how is huges300 perform? Is it stable? I'm thinking of buying this model for my kids. Got one China made, can even take off properly.......Use to fly the nitro 30 size heli - Hirobo Shuttle ZX. Sold away when married..... :(

• SRC Member

Hi CKS,

Can I ask how is huges300 perform? Is it stable? I'm thinking of buying this model for my kids. Got one China made, can even take off properly.......Use to fly the nitro 30 size heli - Hirobo Shuttle ZX. Sold away when married..... :(

well.. it can fly...

just that i find it harder to control than trex ..

generally smaller heli has weaker joints .. they're not as stable (could be due to pilot too)..

as a beginner, i need lots of space to hover it (dont have wide space @ home)

and they're not meant for outdoor flight (too small and underpowered), so in the end i can only fly it in multistory carpark

oh .. and i wasnt commenting only on huges 300.. but also any similarly sized fixed pitch heli..

i find the huges300 flies has just well as the eSky FP heli

seems like we've quite a no of flier here!

mabye Ian will wanna show us his hanger?

Size 90 will be the best to fly but require big air space......I sold away my size 30 is always due to space. Anyway, just confirmed a humblebee 4CH heli from a micro heli pilot. Collect tonight. Brand new sold at 2nd hand price at 165. Hope is worth it. Very temp. to purchase a Trex model for myself................ :lol:

• SRC Member
Size 90 will be the best to fly but require big air space......I sold away my size 30 is always due to space. Anyway, just confirmed a humblebee 4CH heli from a micro heli pilot. Collect tonight. Brand new sold at 2nd hand price at 165. Hope is worth it. Very temp. to purchase a Trex model for myself................ :lol:

does it come with transmitter? coz I got my hughes everything in with transmitter for 160 2nd hand...

CKS: btw what makes the trex more stable? better gyro?

• SRC Member

Bigger blade increases gyroscopic effect!

Heavier body dampen wind effect.

And yea.. the heading hold gyro makes it easier to hover in slightly windy condition!