Jacky's Aquamedic Chromis Tank

hammy

• SRC Member

Yes... incl. bro Hammy :lol::lol::lol:

4 of us using the same piece of equipment... how weird ;)

If not good... we will have a hard time selling coz Pasar Malam will have 4 pieces there <_<

LoL....i think its a good piece of equipment.....read many good reviews about it in RC. Maybe the 3 of you can get it 1st and whoever doesn't think its up to mark can sell it to me.... :P

My Newbie Tank Thread

My Blog

All pics taken with CanoN!~

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LoL....i think its a good piece of equipment.....read many good reviews about it in RC. Maybe the 3 of you can get it 1st and whoever doesn't think its up to mark can sell it to me.... :P

Judge on my past records... most probably I will sell you :lol::lol::lol:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

LoL....sounds like a good deal to me....go get it tomorrow!~ :lol:

No I will buy with the guys... now what am I gonna put in the extra compartment? :lol: ... let's not dilute bro Hammy's thread :bow:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

No I will buy with the guys... now what am I gonna put in the extra compartment? :lol: ... let's not dilute bro Hammy's thread :bow:

haha... :)

i dun want to abandon my biostar flotor .fit so nicely and it is efficient IMO.

just call on mi if u want to go RD

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Lighting: AI hydra 52HD

Skimmer: Deltec SC 1455

Reactor: Minimax; rowaphos

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

Wave Maker: MP 40 WQD

Return pump: Eheim 1262

Chiller: Arctica 1/10 hp

A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal, but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel -- Proverbs 12:10

haha... :)

i dun want to abandon my biostar flotor .fit so nicely and it is efficient IMO.

just call on mi if u want to go RD

You sure you can't fit it on the left side of your tank? Prob too high as the water level will be too low for it to operate properly, just like my tank. Will study it properly before buying (for sure). Then, your T5 may also block it, right?

If your tank is still ok by the 20th next month... don't really see a need for you to get the MCE600 :lol:

You sure you can't fit it on the left side of your tank? Prob too high as the water level will be too low for it to operate properly, just like my tank. Will study it properly before buying (for sure). Then, your T5 may also block it, right?

If your tank is still ok by the 20th next month... don't really see a need for you to get the MCE600 :lol:

i am quite sure i have problem with the 600 series .

time to change water i guess . i already 2 weeks dun change le .

measurable parameter :

nitrate:5mg/l tropic marine

phosphate: undetachable . salifert

ph : 8.2

i am a bit amused with my phosphate reading sometime because i dun used phosphate control item now other than phosbuster

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal, but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel -- Proverbs 12:10

Thought u were at LFS :lol: If my Phosphate doesn't go 0 by next week, I may try out Phosbuster too. I think they have Nitratbuster too right?

Thought u were at LFS :lol: If my Phosphate doesn't go 0 by next week, I may try out Phosbuster too. I think they have Nitratbuster too right?

ask seet lor. he recommend one . i think he is a nice guy who will still serve u well even at the end of the day u buy nothing . :)

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

I am not getting the MCE600 :( Need to invest in a more powerful chiller. I can't stand the chiller running all the time :angry:

I am not getting the MCE600 :( Need to invest in a more powerful chiller. I can't stand the chiller running all the time :angry:

i told u long ago that ur chiller is not enough to support . good choice .

my latest

post-34-1147358850.jpg

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

give mi food

post-34-1147358973.jpg

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

Bro... ur Seios look like surveillance cameras... like a maximum security camp!!! Does it bother you having so many pumps visible inside the tank?

Nice~ is the flame giving your corals any problems?

no it does not at the moment .

but it like clam , meaty LPS

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

Bro... ur Seios look like surveillance cameras... like a maximum security camp!!! Does it bother you having so many pumps visible inside the tank?

it does ! but it bother mi more when i see the shit land in one corner of the tank rotting there with a lot of diatom surrounding it as i dun have a filter .

yup i dun run on filter .. totally biological , total skimmer reliance .

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

it does ! but it bother mi more when i see the shit land in one corner of the tank rotting there with a lot of diatom surrounding it as i dun have a filter .

yup i dun run on filter .. totally biological , total skimmer reliance .

True... no filter... do you think 2 Tunze Streams can do the job? But again, Streams are even bigger <_< Are you still looking for some kinda mechanical filter? Seems like you are relying on Biological and Chemical now. Wait... I think protein skimmer is considered Mechanical.

True... no filter... do you think 2 Tunze Streams can do the job? But again, Streams are even bigger <_< Are you still looking for some kinda mechanical filter? Seems like you are relying on Biological and Chemical now. Wait... I think protein skimmer is considered Mechanical.

tunze too strong unless i get the controllable flowrate which cost 300 a piece ??

er ya i think skimmer is mechanical to a certain extent. haha.. freshwater got no skimmer .

chemical filtration is for convience . i dun want to put my hand in too often . just wanna change once fornightly

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

It's $359.00!!! :lol: Yeah... it will cost too much to get 2 of them to achieve circular flow... and not to mention having 2 huge dumbells in the tank... ain't pretty for sure ;)

Once the SEIOS got coralline algae over them... they can be quite alright :lol:

:):):)

post-34-1147405404.jpg

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

:):):)

You are such an organized person... you wanna look at mine?!? :lol: How do you find the Seachem Alkalinity/KH buffer? And what's that Tropic Marin bottle with a pipet? :)

You are such an organized person... you wanna look at mine?!? :lol: How do you find the Seachem Alkalinity/KH buffer? And what's that Tropic Marin bottle with a pipet? :)

the reef builder is great stuff for mi . rec by cyder 15

the tropic marine is iodine

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

• SRC Member

the reef builder is great stuff for mi . rec by cyder 15

the tropic marine is iodine

Hey bro,

Glad to know that the reef builder is serving you well. Yeah cheap and good stuff huh. Builder plus magnesium plus calcium = stable tank! :)

Anyway,

Do you think there are any like clear visible effects of iodine on your corals? Its supposed to help growth right?

er , my hammer grow from 11 head to 16 heads.. :)

i seriously dun know that , only know that it raise alkalinity :)

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Skimz  ; NP biopellets