Painting room with tank in it

dun think that will be a problem. I had painted the whole room (including the ceiling) and stand for the tank, no problem with the LS after 6 mths. Just make sure no paint get into the water.

• SRC Member

okie, my post below might be slightly outta topic, but still i hope it might be useful :

if u want the smell from the painted wall to go away quickly (in concern of ur fish -tank), apart from opening the windows to air the room in the day, you can try the below, when u have to close the windows (either due to rain or at nite, watsoever)

place a tiny little sauce-bowl of vinegar in the corner of the room. It will help to absorb the smell.

Hope this helps!

• SRC Member
okie, my post below might be slightly outta topic, but still i hope it might be useful :

if u want the smell from the painted wall to go away quickly (in concern of ur fish -tank), apart from opening the windows to air the room in the day, you can try the below, when u have to close the windows (either due to rain or at nite, watsoever)

place a tiny little sauce-bowl of vinegar in the corner of the room. It will help to absorb the smell.

Hope this helps!

Thank you for the advise, looks like I don't have to shift the tank afterall. ;)

• SRC Member

I actually had an instance in which a drop of oil based paint (or varnish) dropped into my tank... somehow they didn't mix and the paint floated on the surface to be scooped up quite easily... no LS affected...

• SRC Member
My 3ft tank is located in my room, and I'm thinking of painting the walls opposite the tank. Do I have to shift the tank out? Or is it safe to leave the tank in the room as its quite tedious to shift the tank out and back in again.

good luck and have fun painting the place .. dont forget to air the place after