Chiller

keetkeet

Anyone of you reefers place your chiller inside your cabinet?

I'm having some space issues, and it can be nicely solved if i put my chiller in the cabinet.

of course there will be issues such as heat emited from the chiller, what do you do to solve it?

thanks

Maybe can source for a few brands of chillers which can fit into a 12"x24" footprint

any suggestions guys?

Otherwise, I need to consult the cabinet maker to include lots of fans for ventilation.

Actually, has anyone tried this: To use a heat foil, and channel the heat emited from the chiller, out through the window?

The chiller will heat up ur sump too... so the heat will go back to the water. As experienced by bro Nakazoru, he got 2 large CPU fans on each side of the cabinet, still not sufficient. So now, he is cracking his head to get it fixed. IMO, if you really need to put it in ur cabinet, make sure u have a deflector to channel the hot air to avoid the sump. And CPU fans are not gonna do the job. Most probably u should be looking at Exhaust Fan... which can be very ugly looking ;)

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

Try to do like PC cooling, have a few fans getting intake low down the cabinet, make sure ur exhaust is less than intake, creating 'mini tornadoes' is always better than having dead zones. (alot of arguments on that issue but seems the more popular choice)

Oh yah, make sure the intake is not too near the chiller intake as the bigger your fan, the more the 'dead zone' where there is no air movement. But it should be at the nearer side to your chiller.

Above is just my opinion based off my experiences with PC cooling as I have my chiller outside, can't really offer any real life experiences on this.

EDIT: Just to add it would prolly be easier if you try to create space on the outside. Afterall, the cabinet space can be saved for more and more equipments :evil: . And the chiller sure looks a whole lot more presentable than most ;)

lightbolt75 Posted on May 11 2006, 04:09 PM

Cut a hole and have the chiller butt facing the opening? 

:lol: I have to admit that this sounds like the best advice yet!

I cant really create more space, reason being... the tank is going to be placed against a wall, which is 4ft in length, and the tank being 3ft. :blink:

I saw Bro Eudaceous Artica Chiller.. and the footprint is by far the smallest.

So, anyone with a 2nd hand Artica? :ph34r::fear: