2 blue tang

u mus quarantine the new blue tang n observe if the old one pecks on him ... do not let him out until the old one doesn't peck....

Hi Thanks,

Normally how u guys quarantine the new fish? with a container in the same tank?

Thank you

• SRC Member

If you put the new fish in your display tank within a betta box, i don't think that can be classfied as quarrantining your fish. QTs are normally a seperate tank of its own....and some reefers quarrantine new arrivals for up to a few weeks, adjust the water parameters in the QT to match their display tank before transferring the fish over. Im too lazy.... :pinch::lol:

My Newbie Tank Thread

My Blog

All pics taken with CanoN!~

• 3 weeks later...

Blue tang is one of the easier tang to keep more than one in a tank. Another one would be sailfin tang. But almst all fishes will behave aggressively towards conspecific, so you should think of an alternate source, like if they fight, you should have another tank that can house one of them or have someone who are ready to adopt it. :D

I have two blue tangs in my tank, one i have had for three years the other about two months. When I introduced the new one, I placed both in the QT tank for a few weeks, then moved them to the main tank at the same time. I choose one same size/slightly bigger than the orignal one.

They get on fine now, there was only a bit of fighting for the first week or so.

try getting one which is bigger in size. 3 Tangs of the same kind makes a better match than just 2 of them. Do consider it. Ya btw, I introduced 2 blue tangs of the same size into my 4ft tank and immediately they started fighting, then i went to get a naso tang and it some how stops their fight and now they are swimming together with the naso. But i won't say this might definitely works on your case so just another alternative options for you. Just my opinions. :)