More or less ppl reefing now..

andysho

• SRC Member

no la...not that there are less reefers out there

its juz that the amount of people logging in to SRC is getting lower, but that doesn't mean all gave up reefing mah....

maybe they are busy or something?

• SRC Member

IMO i think its less ppl cos somehow i feel the shipments coming in are getting lesser perhaps due to lesser demand.

and also keep seeing people giving up some of whom quite lao jiao.

perhaps i am wrong la but this is my general feeling

yup and somemore the hobby is getting more and more expensive seriously.

looking at the Pasar Malam forum for the past month , many give up due to various reasons.

SRC participation from a lot of people drop because a lot of great reefer has to dedicate their time as other moderator in other forum too.

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Lighting: AI hydra 52HD

Skimmer: Deltec SC 1455

Reactor: Minimax; rowaphos

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

Wave Maker: MP 40 WQD

Return pump: Eheim 1262

Chiller: Arctica 1/10 hp

A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal, but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel -- Proverbs 12:10

• SRC Member

i think maybe sometimes spent too much time focusing on reefing until

neglect on other aspect of life

For me , first love is still on dogs , keke just got a new puppy

it :)

keke at least my dog can sense my love for her and

once i see her , it ease all my worries away :P

And reefing used to have a sudden increase is it

due to the so call nemo trend" ?

I rem last time when not many ppl are into this hobby,

a clam cost only around 15 bucks kekek

Sometimees ppl gave up also due to always end up buying livestocks

that are cynide poision , so become a 50 /50 chance too

But there are always some who truly go all the way in reefing :bow:

after the nemo craze .. livestock prices have increase :P

• SRC Member

Last time the pasar malam section very lively, every 2 minutes got new topic. Now, Very Dead!

Also now SRC got very few lao jiaos and lots of new reefers whom come and go very fast because new reefers give advise to new reefers = Blind Leading the Blind = Tank Crash, White Spot, Ich, Fish Dying, Endless Problems = GIVE UP HOBBY!! . Hence, the dwindling population.

Well, thats just my point of view, Dont flame flame flame me hor. :)

• SRC Member

Cool bro Shoelevy,

Another observation,

That time got so many Pros until each begin to argue facts with each other = Flaming wars between different Ideology = Mass resignation = small amount of pros left, some leave cos no one to argue facts liao = Not much Knowledge for other reefers to gain = Leave this forum loh. :) Haha~

• SRC Member

hmm well the good thing is the pros have gone out to set up new forums

i like it there too

fast response, good response, nice response...and best thing...all the lao jiaos are there to serve your questions!

• SRC Member

hahaha

frankly i think many people come into the nemo craze with the "freshwater mentality"

put tap water, put salt, put fish

in the end u all know la, fish will die.

disney should come up with a show "Keeping nemo" with all the proper cycling techniques etc....ah then got craze better. if not alot of innocent fishes are just gonna die for nothing

I've said it many times.... let your fingers do the walking ie USE the SEARCH function!

The amount of fantastic information from the original pros are STILL ALL HERE!!

IMO, the hobby has not changed much the last 1.5 years and what has been talked about before, shared or debated hotly by the old reefers, is right here in SRC.

The reason why people are not sharing much also is because it has become like repeating the same advice over and over again.

And people are too lazy to search and they want to be spoonfed.

It's their loss if they don't want to do research on their own. That's how the old school learned... and locally, in our context, we have put all the content here in SRC... let your fingers do the walking! :)

The number of reefers are sure to at least remain around the current number now considering most of those who came to this hobby because of Nemo had already left the hobby or have no more interest.

I think it all goes down to what Conrad said about new reefers being spoonfed information when they should have the initiative to find them themselves. Every "pro" was originally a beginner which no knowledge whatsoever.

I believe, as long as there are people who want to learn more and know more, there will never be a shortage of "pros" :lol:

But if you tame me, we shall need each other.

To me, you will be unique in all the world.

To you, I shall be unique in all the world...

You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed.

-Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Keep our hobby sustainable, participate in fragging NOW

CHAETO Farmer FarmerDan.gif

• Sponsor
The number of reefers are sure to at least remain around the current number now considering most of those who came to this hobby because of Nemo had already left the hobby or have no more interest.

I think it all goes down to what Conrad said about new reefers being spoonfed information when they should have the initiative to find them themselves. Every "pro" was originally a beginner which no knowledge whatsoever.

I believe, as long as there are people who want to learn more and know more, there will never be a shortage of "pros" :lol:

BH, ur back???

BH, Return ........ :yeah: ?!

Great you are back :P:D:lol: !

post-1182-049500100201281969137_thumb.gi

Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do. - Goethe

• SRC Member

Eh? Thought someone resigned? So you're back? Back for good?? :lol:

For me , first love is still on dogs , keke just got a new puppy

it :)

keke at least my dog can sense my love for her and

once i see her , it ease all my worries away :P

Hehe quite agree with u on this point tho, altho my dog is generally my dad's lah. but still.. at least when i call him come over (for bullying session) he will come over.. haha if i call my fish and the tank moves over.. i'll be freaked :blink:

:paiseh: