Colin's refurbished Partition Tank

colinsoon

• SRC Member

but the problem is that, a lot of microbubbles are escaping. i know i need to let it settle down first, but if it does not settle down as fast as my previous AS150, which takes a day, what can i do to reduce the microbubbles entering the tank?

post-34-1148232585.jpg

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Your sump looks kinda nice... how I wish I can have a sump :( All the cool equipments... limitless :)

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member

front the living room. nothing fantastic to look at now, rocks are all not in yet, a lot of them super white... but no choice. cant afford anything now. wanted to get from bro Qxnviolet, but no transport... sobz... gonna wait till coming weekend, when most of the rocks are back, will do a through rescape.

post-34-1148232987.jpg

• SRC Member
front the living room. nothing fantastic to look at now, rocks are all not in yet, a lot of them super white... but no choice. cant afford anything now. wanted to get from bro Qxnviolet, but no transport... sobz... gonna wait till coming weekend, when most of the rocks are back, will do a through rescape.

LoL....you come my place then take a cab back to your place lo....seeing how dedicated you are, i'll let you have the LRs for free(not much coralline also) if you want. :lol:

My Newbie Tank Thread

My Blog

All pics taken with CanoN!~

LoL....you come my place then take a cab back to your place lo....seeing how dedicated you are, i'll let you have the LRs for free(not much coralline also) if you want. :lol:

Wah... definitely worth the effort bro Colinsoon... those LR are in superb condition (lots of coralline)!!!

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member

hey bro Qxnviolet!

thanx lots for the offer! i am like stuck in school everyday till late, quite hectic for me to ruyn around... oh, if my girl passes her driving test today, she can drive me over!

hey bro Qxnviolet!

thanx lots for the offer! i am like stuck in school everyday till late, quite hectic for me to ruyn around... oh, if my girl passes her driving test today, she can drive me over!

Wah... got driver soon... can send you here and there lor... Pasir Ris also no problem :lol:

• SRC Member

haha.. i am a driver myself.. but then, a driver without cars or parents willing enuff to lend their cars to their kids are basically redundant.

lets move on..

anyway any bros there can help me with the microbubbles thingie?

• SRC Member
haha.. i am a driver myself.. but then, a driver without cars or parents willing enuff to lend their cars to their kids are basically redundant.

lets move on..

anyway any bros there can help me with the microbubbles thingie?

Does your skimmer come with the square box/ holder for difusing your micro bubbles?

My skimmer hv this problem too! So I add a basket with sponge to reduce/ trap those micro bubbles! I think u can add in bio-ball which will help to dissolve those bubbles too!

• SRC Member

What I did last time. Get a small betta box. Stuff lots of sponge in it.. use those cotton kind. Put the output tube there. Helps alot.

Why do we use "My 2 cents worth" when 1 cents are not legal tender in Singapore anymore? Shouldn't it be 5 cents worth?

"Its easier to blame the 'mantis' or crabs in the tank for missing & dead livestocks.."

http://arcanehacker.blogspot.com/

• SRC Member

i tried extending the return arm over to the filter sponge in the first compartment, din do anything much but takes a longer time for the bubbles to go over to the last comp, den up to the top... and the collector cup almost got flooded again...

How's progress this weekend? I hope your skimmer is not giving you problems (anymore)... show us update lah... since you already moved all your LS over to the new tank... you manage to sell your 9 Kois? :)

• SRC Member

hey hey all.. had a very emotionally troubled week. a lot happened in the last few days. anyway.. haven sold my 9 koi yet.. ya interested bro jervis? haha..

anyway, din manage to go get the LRs from bro qxnviolet. too bothered to do anything this weekend except bring back stuff from my tank in hostel. mainly all the LR and my clown and BT. chiller too. fixed them all up today.

post-34-1148835627.jpg

• SRC Member

another view from the living room.

still no money to buy proper lights. and my stupid 36W PL burnt out. had to insert in a make shift 10W FL. when something go wrong in your life everything just follows..

post-34-1148835800.jpg

• SRC Member
swee swee

but one thing, isnt the heat from the chiller gonna affect anything?

wat ya mean by affect anything? i juz got it running like 6 hours ago, so try not to scare me bro.. i got a weak heart and a troubled mind.. ahhaa..

• SRC Member

opps

phrase it in a wrong manner, i mean the heat emitted, it is going to affect the ambience temp in ur living room?

or the wall paint might be affected?

not very sure about those, maybe some reefers with more exp can share, basically i put my cl650 backside directly facing the window, so any heated air can be emitted outside instead of in the house

basically i put my cl650 backside directly facing the window, so any heated air can be emitted outside instead of in the house

Not everyone is as lucky as you... I can't place my chiller by the window... so yes, it warms the room considerably especially during warm days... I got a fan on almost 24/7 to improve air circulation around the room and the tank.