Colin's refurbished Partition Tank

colinsoon

• SRC Member
ok its confirmed.

i got another melted hammer head from my favourite bush, and got another 2 more heads going away.

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHH

water looks ok. PO4 at close to 0, salinity at 1.022.

NO2 NO3 i got no kit, so not tested.. but shouldnt affect rite...

I think high NO3 will kill anything doesn't it?

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't think NO2 is the problem here since your tank is considered matured... however I believe an excessive level of NO3 can do much harm to both corals and fishes... it's advisable for you to get a NO3 test kit bro :) That's the only way you can find out the truth and act accordingly :)

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• 2 months later...
  • SRC Member

some time to update finally.

nothing much done to the tank. a few things RTN-ed, mostly looks e same still.

added chaeto into my refuge recently.

after 1 week not much growth. izzt cos i only run 6 hours of light in e refuge? will it affect e growth? and also e chaeto trapping a bit of detritus inside. will it cause any harm to it?

post-34-1186848868.jpg

• SRC Member
ur tank looks clean. :bow:

still got plenty of space for new stock :yeah:

its good to give ur chaeto 24/7 of light,

or u can increase the photoperiod.

hahah thanks bro. haven touched my tank much at all.

will look to give my chaeto 12 hours of light at least. cos right now my white lights and refuge lights sharing the same timer, so its only on for a max of 6 hours... :(

• SRC Member

Hey colin...

Tank looks pretty good for one that hasn't been touched for a while :)

Got a question on ur bannerfish. Does it not nip on ur LPS? I've always found a school of them to look cool but a lil hessitant what with them being butterfly fishes and all..

Tank 66"x27"x28" - Return Pump Red Dragon 12m3 - Skimmer Deltec AP701 - Chiller Starmex - Wavemakers Wavysea - Lighting DE 6 x T5-HO

southpaw23's reef

• SRC Member
Hey colin...

Tank looks pretty good for one that hasn't been touched for a while :)

Got a question on ur bannerfish. Does it not nip on ur LPS? I've always found a school of them to look cool but a lil hessitant what with them being butterfly fishes and all..

hey bro!

thanks for the compliment, i guess i attribute it to e "oldness" of e tank.. hehe. dont have to worry much bout anthing at all..

anyway surprisingly my banner is still alive... and no longer being whacked by e other tangs. instead i saw something really interesting yesterday, was that the banner was cleaning the PBT! the LPS in my tank all stil opening up well, so i guess they are all untouched..

• 1 month later...
  • SRC Member

ok my bannerfish is confirmed alive.

and i got a new pair of additions over the weekend to replace my lost ones..

but the thing is that the moment they got in, all 5 tangs all went after them, and even my damsel and strawberry dottyback did the same.

post-34-1190616332.jpg

• SRC Member

wah nice coraline !! ur tangs I confirm take :P . let me know :)

6x2x2.5 FOWLR

Skimmer - Recirculating Custom Beckett Fr - Skimz Fr Return - OR6500/1262 Wavemaker - Tunze 6060 x 2 Light - 2x5ft FL Blue+White

Chiller - CL650

4x4x2 SPS

Skimmer - DeltecAP851 Fr - Skimz FR Return - OR6500 Wavemaker - 2xTunze wavebox +Ts24 Light - 3x250w MH + 8 ATi t5

CR - Deltec pF601s Chiller - Arctica Titanium Commercial Chiller

3.5x2x2 REEF

Skimmer - HnS150-2001 Fr - Skimz Fr Wavemaker - Tunze Ts 24 Return - 1262 Lights - Solite 2x150W MH + 4 Ati T5 CR - Skimz CR NR - Nr1000 Chiller - Arctica Titanium 1/5