My very first tank...

• SRC Member

hi,

just wanted to share my setup...

tank: 60cm x 22cm x 33cm (unfortunately, this is what my available space allows me to have)

filter: eheim 2211 with eheim substrate pro, rena filstar 1 (not yet in the picture)

air pump: rena 100 (i love this... it's soooo quiet...)

light: 30W fluorescent blue light (i'm starting to think this one's not good enough...)

sand: coral sand on top (around 4kg) and a crushed coral at the bottom (around 2.5kg)

residents:

4lbs of live rock with two leather corals

1 clownfish (i find this guy easy to feed... chomps on any food i drop off the water)

1 coral beauty angel ( a little picky on the food... but appetite still ok)

1 yellow-tail wrasse (i'm a bit concerned about this guy... i forgot everything i read when we went out to buy fish...)

future additions to this tank would be more includes live corals by this week... so that my damsels in quarantine will have a place of their own when they get transferred over...

feel free to suggest that will beautify our tiny ocean... :)

thanks,

zurc

post-6-1148322272.jpg

• SRC Member

yep, start one, reefers to zoom in on ur thread.

oh ya, add ur fishes slowly ya? erm, damsels? I hate them, they'll bully ur other fishes if they got their own territories.

U should have white lights as well if u wan corals. Blue lites only not really sufficient.

All the best to ur mini ocean vernture. keep the post coming~

dancing_girl2.gifSpirit.gif

• SRC Member
zurc : can u tell us how long did you spent cycling the water?

cycling the water... well, i got a bit excited... I wrongly setup my tank on monday, changed the water by tuesday... added the bacteria mix on wednesday... added my rocks on thursday then had my first 3 residents by saturday... added a 300 l/hr internal filter by sunday... but all the time, i was already using my external filter and was pumping air to the tank... and by this coming thursday, i'm planning to add more rocks... but the fate of the 2 damsels in my quarantine tank are yet to be determined... i'm still having second thoughts of putting them in my main tank... :D

so far so good, ph, no3 (barely noticable pink test reult) and specific gravity are within range. i'm closely monitoring all these on a daily basis... so far, i haven't done a water change, only top-up... but i'm planning to do a 10-20% water change by this weekend...

• SRC Member
no skimmer?

i'm still looking for the smallest skimmer that i can get... so far i'm considering 'fission nano skimmer', but if there's a smaller one, i night go for it... all the ones that i see locally are quite too big for my tank... any suggestions? :)

• SRC Member
hi bro...... since u wan to share ur tank's pic or wat....... y not post it in the Members Tank & Specs section........

much better also...... ;)

:thanks: for pointing me to the right direction... :)