My Very First Tank...

zurc

• SRC Member

hi,

just wanted to share my setup...

tank: 60cm x 22cm x 33cm (unfortunately, this is what my available space allows me to have)

filter: eheim 2211 with eheim substrate pro, rena filstar 1 (not yet in the picture)

air pump: rena 100 (i love this... it's soooo quiet...)

light: 30W fluorescent blue light (i'm starting to think this one's not good enough...)

sand: coral sand on top (around 4kg) and a crushed coral at the bottom (around 2.5kg)

residents:

4lbs of live rock with two leather corals

1 clownfish (i find this guy easy to feed... chomps on any food i drop off the water)

1 coral beauty angel ( a little picky on the food... but appetite still ok)

1 yellow-tail wrasse (i'm a bit concerned about this guy... i forgot everything i read when we went out to buy fish...)

future additions to this tank would be more includes live corals by this week... so that my damsels in quarantine will have a place of their own when they get transferred over...

feel free to suggest that will beautify our tiny ocean...

thanks,

zurc

post-34-1148342263.jpg

Welcome to the club bro!!!

Nice little setup... em... u mentioned Damsels? What kinda Damsels? How many? Coz Damsels can get quite territorial in a small tank, so you may find them annoying once they accustomed to the new tank... but since your tank is quite small, catching them out later will not have a problem.

General rule: It's easy to add in fish... damn hard to retrieve them especially once your tank is established with corals and all :)

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member
Welcome to the club bro!!!

Nice little setup... em... u mentioned Damsels? What kinda Damsels? How many? Coz Damsels can get quite territorial in a small tank, so you may find them annoying once they accustomed to the new tank... but since your tank is quite small, catching them out later will not have a problem.

General rule: It's easy to add in fish... damn hard to retrieve them especially once your tank is established with corals and all :)

i've got two damsels... one is the usual blue damselfish and the other a blue velvet damselfish (the color is almost black with 3 stripes...)

• SRC Member
Nice tank u have there.. haha juz curious.. why coral beauty? And not flame angel? Hehe

actually we wanted a flame angel at first... but the shop where we saw it was selling it a a very high price (S$95)... then we saw this quite unique-looking fish (we didn't know it was a coral beauty at that time) in the other shop we visited and it was quite cheap (S$5). :)

actually we wanted a flame angel at first... but the shop where we saw it was selling it a a very high price (S$95)... then we saw this quite unique-looking fish (we didn't know it was a coral beauty at that time) in the other shop we visited and it was quite cheap (S$5). :)

Flame for $95?!? Lucky you didn't buy... way way too expensive... if you 2 damsels still not inside your main tank... you may consider giving it away ;)

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member

Flame for $95?!? Lucky you didn't buy... way way too expensive... if you 2 damsels still not inside your main tank... you may consider giving it away ;)

yup...95... wait 'till you hear nemo's price tag... a whopping S$90! :o and clams were going in for S$150... but the guy was boasting that their clowns were australian and that partially contributes to the price... well anyway, another shop was selling clowns at S$3... but judging from the shop's look, they're probably catering mostly to malls... :)