WTS: 4x2x2 Tank

Kalib

• SRC Member

Yoz, selling my marine tank setup(less the maintank, will explain later) as i am going to get a new tank. I'm also selling my Eheim 1262 pump along with the setup. Both setup and pump have been in use for 2yrs+.

Note: The maintank is leaking, hence it would be given free of charge(FOC). tank_maker(from arofanatics.com) has come over to my place and assessed that the maintank is repairable at $70-$80 by adding extra glass.

Reason behind getting a new tank instead of repairing is that i want to change to using a rack. Furthermore, i wish to re-design the sump and the piping. So, might as well get a new tank since i want to make such major changes.

Tank specs:

Maintank, 4'x2'x2', 12mm glass

Sump, 3'x20"x20", 8mm glass

Pump specs:

http://www.marinedepot.com/md_viewItem.asp?idproduct=EH1262

Bought the setup for around $1300 and the pump for around $200(paid around $1500 in total). Willing to sell all at $600(negotiable), buyer to arrange delivery of the setup. I am selling as a set.

I am only selling the cabinet, sump and eheim 1262. The maintank is given FOC. PM me/Post here to deal. Rocks, water,sand and piping would be removed upon confirmation of deal.

Here are some pics:

Eheim 1262

Tank

where is the crack ?

Humble tank :

Size: 4x2.5x2 ft - Display 

Equipment :

Return 1 : Ecotech marine L1

Return 2 : Ecotech marine M1

CR : Skimz CM122 - Caribsea extra course media with Grotech magnesium

Light : ATI 8x54W

• SRC Member

It isn't a crack but water is seeping out from the silicone joint at the front left lower portion of the tank(when facing the tank), just a few cm off the bottom. The glass is fine with no cracks.

Maybe let me elaborate a little on what tank_maker suggested, he suggested adding extra pieces of glass at the corners to reinforce the tank to repair the leak(estimated to cost $70-$80). Re-silicone the whole tank to repair the tank is an option but as with the reasons stated, i am planning to get a new setup instead.

I don't know where is the water coming from inside the tank, i only know the outside leakage point.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...