HOW TO TRAP A WRASSE

vtec

Sorry this may have been discussed before however i did a search nothing came up.

I would like to get my wrasse out of the tank, however i do not want to go through the trouble of removing my rocks in order to catch it.

Any bright ideas?

Removing the rocks to catch it will be my last resort.

• SRC Member

wah~ tough...

how abt catching it in the middle of the nite (after lights off)?

Wrasse should probably be zzzping in the sand (partially buried)...

just scoop it up...

alternatively, during feedin times, just put ur food inside a container and let the wrasse swim in to get the food... then lift up the container with the fish inside... hehe

any other reefers can advise?

dancing_girl2.gifSpirit.gif

• SRC Member

Take a bottle maybe 1.5 L or a 500ml also can depending on availability and space constraints

cut it about 3/4 towards the opening and invert the top

so it looks something like this :

|\ /|

| |

|_ _|

you put food (must be some live smelling food like prawn, dun think flakes have that much smell) inside and wait for him to take the bait, so the wrasse can go in but cannot come out as fast, or cannot come out at all, fish are rather dumb

another way is to take a clear plastic container like those used for "tao pao" punh holes in them and try and catch the wrasse, it is see thru and due to the holes there is less water resistance when u move inside the tank, so that maybe a way to try.

henry uses something of this sort of method to catch fish, only his container has no holes, and he uses chopsticks to guide the fish + ofcourse he has less or no rocks inside.

^_^