Soul's New Tank

Soul

The island i work at is a restricted place, not open to public. Its guarded by the police coast guards daily.

I know lah... but I can wait for you at the ferry terminal on the main island mah... can you collect a piece of Orange Gonio and Pink Gonio for me? Don't tell me that mysterious island also has Ricordea Florida :lol::lol::lol:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

I know lah... but I can wait for you at the ferry terminal on the main island mah... can you collect a piece of Orange Gonio and Pink Gonio for me? Don't tell me that mysterious island also has Ricordea Florida :lol::lol::lol:

So far never come across any bro, i dont think those species are available on local waters. The luminous green one i found i never even see anymore of them. Lots of moon/brain/leather/cauliflower/algae plants/sps/hammers/anemones/plates/zoos/mushrooms so far . I usually only have 30-40 mins during low tide in the morning to roam ard and pick cos boat come bring me home, no time to explore more plus no hand LOL usually get 3-5 corals i have to stop cos gotta worry how to bring home in time.

• SRC Member
This one also special, it has pinkish bits of spray with purplish centre.

the orange zoos on the left with a green anemone-looking anemone looks like what bro jervis has. U got it from him ?

So envious, get to pick corals from ur work place! :bow:

the orange zoos on the left with a green anemone-looking anemone looks like what bro jervis has. U got it from him ?

So envious, get to pick corals from ur work place! :bow:

Nope... not from me... why would he? He get corals for free :lol:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

My water test kit, cost me a bomb 2 yrs back when i bought it and had ppl calling me mad lol ...

Yes it looks kinda mad... really :upsidedown::upsidedown::eyeblur:

Update us on Rowaphos leh... test PO4 before introduction... thinking of using Rowaphos for my new tank :)

K tested Phosphate level at 1.6 mg/l (quite bad) b4 adding Rowaphos.

Haha... it is bad... mine undetectable for many weeks now... err... perhaps something wrong with my test kit :lol::lol::lol:

What product u currently using and how long u been using it?

wat type of product u mean bro? For anti-phosphate?

Yupe... what product you use made your Phosphate rise so high? ;)

• SRC Member

I never used any product at all for 3 mths until now as the cyna bacteria was under control (Phosphate almost zero for first 2 mths) then recently after rescaping and much added corals (evil chuckle) had lots of brown algae on sandbed and glass.

I never used any product at all for 3 mths until now as the cyna bacteria was under control (Phosphate almost zero for first 2 mths) then recently after rescaping and much added corals (evil chuckle) had lots of brown algae on sandbed and glass.

Hahaha... no wonder... bro you better add the Rowaphos bit by bit. If you are using stocking, add 1/3 a stocking every 2 - 3 days. Or don't use all. I heard sensitive corals can be shocked by sudden addition of media such as Rowaphos and activated carbon (since you were not running any perviously)

• SRC Member

Alright time for some updates ... heres a full pic of perhaps my final rescape (hopefully). Erected a tower with 2 rocks just for the hammer on the leftside as it kept blooming bigger and bigger thus dangerous to other corals near it. Also added 10 apple green chromies, 1 royal gamma & 2 goat fishes to help clean corals and sandbed.

post-34-1154851516.jpg

• SRC Member

As for the Rowaphos review, well phosphate reading is zero for the past few days already. Heres how i used my Rowaphos, i put 500ml worth into a filter bag and clipped it into one of the H20 overflowing partition in my sump. No need to spend money and electicity on FR dispensor, the natural H20 flow going thru the fliter bag did the job hehe ...

post-34-1154851935.jpg

Yeah I think the position there ain't bad at all... it's just a bit unsightly :D... I am totally convinced by your result bro Soul... all the way to 0 in a couple of days :) There's only 1 brand for my new tank :D