Soul's New Tank

Soul

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How large is your Square Anthias? Normally I only see large specimens :( Nice if got small (2" to 3") ones.

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

actually advisable to only keep 1 male per tank, lots of females no problem but female no square pattern. I managed to get a pair of males that are gay, swim together sleep together hehe

Sure or not? You so lucky... can get GAY Anthias :lol:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

Err... bro you gave up an extremely low power consumption skimmer to a high power consumption skimmer? What's the power needed to power up that beast? :D

• SRC Member
Err... bro you gave up an extremely low power consumption skimmer to a high power consumption skimmer? What's the power needed to power up that beast? :D

No worries on electricity consumption cos i will be using this overflow pipe made from 25mm pipe to feed the skimmer direct which means zero electricity used hehe ..... except for return pump from my sump. The overflow pipe should be capable of about 4000l/hr or more. The MD-55 that came with the skimmer wont even match that.

post-34-1156043938.jpg

• SRC Member

it wont be enought to fire up the beckett. the water that flow thought the beckett will experience super high pressure thus will result in a huge headloss. as for md55 not being able to match your overflow, you are wrong again, alright the flowrate might not be that high, but its a pressurated pump thus meaning that it can withstand high pressure and suffer relatively little headloss. sooner or later i bet you will be running a pump with the beckett as the result from the overflow pipe will be not as good as you think it will be. just my $0.02

Member of

n34281892381_7606.jpg

Bro w3ish3ng's take on pressure does makes sense... no harm trying I guess... what's the power consumption for the pump that comes with the Beckett?

• SRC Member

130 or 150 if i'm not wrong. and for a beckett with 30" a flowrate of 4000l is not enough. the overflow pipe can handle up to 4000litres of water but that does not mean that your overflow flowrate is 4000litres now. you have to look at your pump and calculate the flowrate after the headloss.

Member of

n34281892381_7606.jpg

130 or 150 if i'm not wrong. and for a beckett with 30" a flowrate of 4000l is not enough. the overflow pipe can handle up to 4000litres of water but that does not mean that your overflow flowrate is 4000litres now. you have to look at your pump and calculate the flowrate after the headloss.

Bro u using a Beckett now right? How do you like the skimmate?

Very impressive bro... now that's gonna skim your water to clean you can have a full tank of SPS :lol:

• SRC Member

no lah actually i bought the skimmer to keep goldfish inside LOL ... anyway will keep u guys up to date if the overflow pipe direct feed method works ... if it does then it solves $ ###### efficently ###### consumption issue for many bros here wont it? hehe

no lah actually i bought the skimmer to keep goldfish inside LOL ... anyway will keep u guys up to date if the overflow pipe direct feed method works ... if it does then it solves $ ###### efficently ###### consumption issue for many bros here wont it? hehe

Hehe... only me... so far I'm the only reefer who "stress" about power consumption :lol:

Note: Not becoz I'm damn environmental friendly, coz that's the only expenses I can't hide from my CFO :lol:

The overflow method will not worked. Dun waste ur time on the piping.

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

6X2.5X2.5 FT Tank : 4x2x2 ft sump : 2x1x2 ft refugim

Skimmer: Deltec AP851

Calcium Reactor:

Lightings: Aqualight T5 Retrofit, 150 watt MH X2

Chiller: Hailea HC-500A model w/ Aquabee 2000

Ozonizer: Hailea HLO-300 Digital ozonizer

Wavemaker: Tunze 6080, Tunze 6060

Return Pumps: Aquabee 5000 x2

Other equipments: Aquabee 2000, Quietone 1200, 5L Co2 Cylinder w/ Dupla regulator

American Marine Wireless Thermometer

Reefing is a dedication, not a competition.